PDA

View Full Version : need a little help quick.

flyin2jz
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Ok i got my pc and my pads today. My car is a black mustang 93. I am using the pc and i have some poorboys ssr1 pink and pinnacle sig 2 wax. I just finished using the pc and the ssr1 and i waxed a portion of my hood just to see how it looked. It doesnt look any different than just using the ssr1 alone. Is this normal? Its looking great by my standards. Am i missing a step? im using the orange pad and the ssr1 then hand applying the wax. Am i supposed to do some final polishing with the white pad before applying the wax. sorry so many questions. im just doing it now. thanx Kevin

ScottB
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
SSR 1.0 is a very light finishing polish. Unless finish is perfect you should have used 2.5 first. And yes hand apply any wax or sealant.

Rsurfer
02-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Ok i got my pc and my pads today. My car is a black mustang 93. I am using the pc and i have some poorboys ssr1 pink and pinnacle sig 2 wax. I just finished using the pc and the ssr1 and i waxed a portion of my hood just to see how it looked. It doesnt look any different than just using the ssr1 alone. Is this normal? Its looking great by my standards. Am i missing a step? im using the orange pad and the ssr1 then hand applying the wax. Am i supposed to do some final polishing with the white pad before applying the wax. sorry so many questions. im just doing it now. thanx KevinKevin, polishing is 90% of the final outcome. Waxing will only add a small percentage to the final gloss. If they are swrils and marring, this will cause dullness to the paint and even if you applied a $2,000 wax it won't make much of a difference. Take your car in the sun and see if they are swrils on your paint. If so, you need to polish with a more aggressive polish and pad. Using a more aggressive pad and polish my cause marring and you need to finish down with a finer polish. This could be a 3-4 step process. Did you clay first? Using an orange pad may be too aggressive. You may have to step up to ssr2 or 3 and then step down with a white pad and even a blue pad for final polish. :buffing:

flyin2jz
02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
you guys and gals are great. thanx alot for the fast reply. I am doing this in my garage and dont have the proper lighting to really see swirls so there may be some more work needed. I will go purchase a lighting setup tomorrow before i go any further. So using a polish thats pretty weak with a more aggressive pad doesnt equal using the correct pad with a more aggressive polish. does that make sense? I was hoping to get a nice look without getting a more aggressive polish as i am a rank amatuer. ARe there some good polishes out there that wont cost me a ton? thanx alot Kevin

Harleyguy
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
you guys and gals are great. thanx alot for the fast reply. I am doing this in my garage and dont have the proper lighting to really see swirls so there may be some more work needed. I will go purchase a lighting setup tomorrow before i go any further. So using a polish thats pretty weak with a more aggressive pad doesnt equal using the correct pad with a more aggressive polish. does that make sense? I was hoping to get a nice look without getting a more aggressive polish as i am a rank amatuer. ARe there some good polishes out there that wont cost me a ton? thanx alot KevinIf your going to correct the paint on your car don't short change your self when buying a good product like Menz .No sence spending on anymore products that won't correct your problem.Spend a little more $$ and you will be happier in long long run

loudog2
02-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Like we said in your other thread SSR1 is not going to work. You needed a more aggressive polish for your paint. Then follow it with the SSR1. I recommended you try the menzerna line with your PC before and still recommend trying it. You can even try the power finish 203 and follow it with the SSR1.

Like Rsurfer said, wax is only a small portion of the look. Prep is what makes it look great.

Harleyguy
02-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Like we said in your other thread SSR1 is not going to work. You needed a more aggressive polish for your paint. Then follow it with the SSR1. I recommended you try the menzerna line with your PC before and still recommend trying it. You can even try the power finish 203 and follow it with the SSR1.

Like Rsurfer said, wax is only a small portion of the look. Prep is what makes it look great.:whs::whs::whs:

flyin2jz
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Ok im gonna order the menz tonight. which one would you suggest for me? Kevin

loudog2
02-25-2009, 10:19 PM
If money is not an issue get SIP, 106FA and 85RD. Or you can just get the power finish 203 and use your SSR1 after that. 203 is between SIP and IP. Use the 203 w/a white pad first, then see how it worked. If needed, go to the orange pad, then follow with the 203 again on a white pad. Finish down with your SSR1 on a gray pad.