PDA

View Full Version : The Edge buffing pads?

Pages : [1] 2

dinkydow
08-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Has anyone tried the "edge 2000 wave" buffing pads??? It looks like it would be a nice system, but I thought I would see if anyone has tried them. Thanks

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Gearhead has them. He says they seem to offer a little less resistance than the original ones. I"m not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though or anything. He says he likes them both and it would just be a matter of preference on the User's part. I wish he were here, it's weird to quote him when he's not around. lol :p

Meghan
08-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Wave pads cut down on the heat, so if that is a concern for you then wave is the way to go. I personally have not tried the wave yet. Maybe Jen will volunteer to do a review... hint hint! :p

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Wave pads cut down on the heat, so if that is a concern for you then wave is the way to go. I personally have not tried the wave yet. Maybe Jen will volunteer to do a review... hint hint! :p

LOL Yeah, if you take the pics!! I think one more post with bad pics from me and I will be permanently excomunicated from AGland! :p

dinkydow
08-23-2006, 11:36 AM
I didn't hear anything back until after I ordered them. I will report back sometime. I may not use them for awhile. I just finished detailing 3 cars. I needed a backing plate and while looking for them I ran across the edge pads. I think it might be just the ticket if they work as advertised.

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 11:41 AM
I have the regular ones and I love mine!! :)

Meghan
08-23-2006, 11:43 AM
LOL Yeah, if you take the pics!! I think one more post with bad pics from me and I will be permanently excomunicated from AGland! :p
You need to take a day off from your life down south and come up and spend the day with us....

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 11:44 AM
You need to take a day off from your life down south and come up and spend the day with us....

I would love to!! I still owe you lunch!:p

dinkydow
08-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Florida Native: When you said you have the regular ones, do you mean the edge without the waffle look?? I ordered the regular ones, without the wavy surround.

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 04:28 PM
I have the non wavy 6" pads that come with the PC DA kit. :)

MikeyC
08-23-2006, 06:39 PM
I have the non wavy 6" pads that come with the PC DA kit. :)
I bought this kit as well. I'm VERY happy with these pads. The foam is very high quality and I like the two sided pads and quick change adapter system.

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 10:30 PM
yeah the Edge pads are great! I love mine too! Just flip and keep going. :)

MikeyC
08-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Oh yeah! I also forgot to mention that my PC seems to vibrate much less when I use the Edge pads. It's likely due to the fact that the pads center on the machine automatically.

Jonboy
08-24-2006, 03:34 AM
Just got my Edge pad kit in the post from Meghan (thanks) so can't wait to try them this weekend

Rapidity
08-24-2006, 07:07 AM

Doesn't the PC have trouble creating enough heat for paint correction? Wouldn't the wave pads be counter-productive? :confused: