PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Input

waynekj
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I Got My First Order Of Products From Autogeek. I Got The Wolfgang Duo Polishes And Also Poorboys SSR1 And The 2.5. I Am Using A PC With Orange, White, Green Ccs 5.5" Pads. This Is My First Time Using An Abrasive Polish. I Am Doing My Buddy's 1992 Black Mustang. The Paint Is In Pretty Bad Shape As It Has Severe Swirl Marks & Oxidation. So I Figured It Would Be A Good One To Learn On. I Decided To Do A 50/50 On The Hood And Compare The Two Polishes. I First Used The Poorboys 2.5 With The Orange Pad And It Definately Removed The Swirl Marks And A Good Part Of The Scratches But Did Leave A Cloudy Haze. Is That Normal Or Was I Under Or Overworking The Polish? From The Threads I've Read It Seems That People Say The 2.5 Finishes Down Quite Nicely. I Then Did The Other Half With The Wolfgang TSR And Orange Pad. I Would Say It's Pretty Comparable As Far As Blemish Removal But It Did Seem To Polish Down Better Without Hazing Or Marring. It Had A Nice Shine To It Without The Cloudiness. I Then Did The Finish Polish With Green Pads On Each Product And The WG Definatley Had A Better Shine To It.

My Question Is Would The PB 2.5 Finish Down Better With A White Pad? Or Do I Need To Do The Orange And Then The White With 2.5 And Then Go To The SSR1 With The Green Pad?

If Someone Will Let Me Know How To Post Pics I Will Post Some Before Pics I Took And Maybe You Could Make Some Suggestions Off Those Pics.:d

Harleyguy
02-22-2009, 10:03 PM
If you used an orange pad you should defineitely move to the next lower pad and reapply the orange pad will leave some marring. Use white next

richy
02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Your pad choices are on the aggressive level. I would supplement what you have with a black or blue LCC pad for the final polish stage which is what'll make that paint jump.

Junebug1998
02-23-2009, 08:54 AM
This is using white with SSR1 and then Gray with SSR1 this also has no sealant or wax on it yet.
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss261/Junebug1998/Wax007.jpg

waynekj
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
So should I be finishing with a gray pad instead of the green?

Junebug1998
02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
I like to really finish with the White pad and ssr1 and jewel it up using the Gray with SSR1 because the Gray has no cut to it and I think the green does.