PDA

View Full Version : What to use to polish C6 transparent top?

Waxmax
02-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Was curious what you use to polish (remove light scratches) on a C6 transparent top? Thanks.

ScottB
02-22-2009, 11:23 AM
The top is a polycarbonate Lexan type material, not glass as some suggest. I have found the Plexus is great on new tops, and I personally have never used more than a light plastic polish as needed. (Novus Polishes) On some years there were a coating process and always afraid if it was removed, no way to repair it.

Waxmax
02-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks Killrwheels. I googled Novus and found a place that sells those products. I see a #2 light polish for Lexan...do you polish by hand or use a DA?

Harleyguy
02-22-2009, 09:12 PM
The top is a polycarbonate Lexan type material, not glass as some suggest. I have found the Plexus is great on new tops, and I personally have never used more than a light plastic polish as needed. (Novus Polishes) On some years there were a coating process and always afraid if it was removed, no way to repair it.once the coating starts to peel no way to repair it.It's almost like a clear coat and in the sun we have here i always see them peeling in some way or another.

img
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Been using Novus for years. Comes in three steps. Try the #2 first (#3 only
if severely marred). Finish with #1.

ScottB
02-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks Killrwheels. I googled Novus and found a place that sells those products. I see a #2 light polish for Lexan...do you polish by hand or use a DA?

hand ... if you buy from them directly they use to have a small version where you get all three products.