PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is Darren, and I have an addiction!

LutzD79
02-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Hello All,

I purchased my first BMW in November and it is Jet Black, so I have been using the Optimum No Rinse for the winter to keep it clean and can't wait until spring/summer when I can actually give my car a bath. It is a 2007 but seems to have been taken care of as it has very little swirls. I did purchase the PC with the the Wolfgang kit, so I will have a lot of questions in spring when I do a full detail. (I have never detailed before!) I heard that Jet Black on the BMW is very difficult to keep swirl free, but I will try my best! I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and gals!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-21-2009, 09:47 PM
welcome to the forum Darren!

budman3
02-22-2009, 10:23 AM
If your looking to cure your addiction, this is the worst place to be! Once you enter the dark side (black BMW) there is no way out!

Anyways, feel free to ask questions and search around, theres plenty of good info on this site. Enjoy!

LutzD79
02-22-2009, 10:37 AM
If your looking to cure your addiction, this is the worst place to be! Once you enter the dark side (black BMW) there is no way out!

Anyways, feel free to ask questions and search around, theres plenty of good info on this site. Enjoy!

Oh, I know! AG is great! I have already spent over $500 and still want some more stuff. I will have a lot of questions in a month or so. I bought the PC 7424 with the Wolfgang kit and will be trying it for the first time, so I will be asking for some advice prior to detailing. I look forward to learning.

rwisejr
02-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Oh, I know! AG is great! I have already spent over $500 and still want some more stuff. I will have a lot of questions in a month or so. I bought the PC 7242 with the Wolfgang kit and will be trying it for the first time, so I will be asking for some advice prior to detailing. I look forward to learning.

Welcome. 500 bucks . You haven't even started yet LOL !!!!!!!!!!! There is plenty of knowledge here to help you out . And black is the darkside ask me how I know !!!! Goodluck

LutzD79
02-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah I know $500 is just getting started, but my wife feels differently:eek: I owned a black car back in high school, but didn't care much about detailing. This is my first black car as an adult and my first higher end car, so I am really looking forward to keeping it looking good. I must admit that I am a little scared after reading some horror stories on BMW Jet Black paint, but I have also seen some detail jobs on AG with the Jet Black that looks great!

ScottB
02-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Washing and drying are the two areas needing attention when detailing a black car. Heres some hints:

Washing -- consider a foam gun or use two bucket method. Use soft towels or sponge. Wash in straight lines (not circles) and rinse mitt often in clean water bucket.

Drying --- get a leaf blower. Dry the car leaving only a little water. Spray with a detailing spray and glide soft drying towel over area in straight lines. Do not grind into surface allow lubrication from spray to move towel.