PDA

View Full Version : Help-1st Polish with PC

ktyklr
08-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Just finished my 1st polish with PC7424 using SSR2.5 with Orange Pad followed by SSR1 with White Pad.

I was able to remove swirl marks I had, but now when the car is in the sun the paint looks hazy with thousands of "micro-swirls"...is this normal and will they come out with a Glaze?

I did the job in small sections, running the PC for 4-5 mins with each polish. Should I reapply SSR1 again?

Any feed back would be appreciated....I'll try to get some pics to show what I mean

Also, what are your opinions on the best product to bring the gloss back after polishing....

FloridaNative
08-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I would try the ssr 1 again on a small section and work it longer. I'm sure some others will chime in real soon with suggestions.

Mike T
08-22-2006, 01:28 PM
I would try the ssr 1 again on a small section and work it longer. I'm sure some others will chime in real soon with suggestions.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

Sevenrd
08-22-2006, 01:42 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head.
Agreed. Try another pass of SSR 1.

Also, to answer your other questions...

A glaze will only hide imperfections, but not get rid of them. Not neccessarily a bad thing. But just know that the imperfections will begin showing through as the glaze wears.

"Also, what are your opinions on the best product to bring the gloss back after polishing...."

SSR 1 is designed as a finish polish. It is the polish that brings the gloss back after more aggressive polishes. It's worked well for me. Menzerna FPII and Sonus SFX-3 have likewise worked well for me.

ScottB
08-22-2006, 01:59 PM
you used a very aggressive pad, the orange, so I would personally have moved to white and the SSR 1.0 first. Then a final polish with a grey/blue pad and the same SSR 1.0.

ktyklr
08-22-2006, 02:13 PM
you used a very aggressive pad, the orange, so I would personally have moved to white and the SSR 1.0 first. Then a final polish with a grey/blue pad and the same SSR 1.0.

Thanks everyone....I tried a small section on the hood using SSR1 again with a White Pad.....This time I used slightly more pressure on the PC and also cranked the speed up to 6.....HUGE difference in that section of the hood.....the gloss is back:awesome:

Killr....I'll take your advice and followup with yet another round of SSR1 with a Grey Pad.

Thanks again....

P1et
08-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Killr: is this what you're suggesting:

1) SSR2.5 w/ orange
2) SSR1 w/ white
3) SSR1 w/ gray
4) EX-P w/ gray

I skipped the 3) step and got pretty good results.

ScottB
08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
step 3 above would be the jeweling effect, not necessary, but clearly gems the surface. I would stick with EXP via hand however, to much wasted with the buffer, although you could remove with a micro-bonnet as wanted.