PDA

View Full Version : New(er) Mercedes C350 Need Advice

grambow
02-19-2009, 06:21 PM
We just purchased a 2008 Mercedes C350 in black metallic. I am looking for some advice as to what I should use for paint care. The paint is in fairly good shape. The dealership "waxed" the car on delivery...didnt know they were going to do it and not sure what they used. I have a PC buffer and waxes etc left over from a Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover Kit from last year. Do I need to use something to remove the wax from the dealership? Will clay work for that? Is there an easier way? Dawn? What do you suggest using as far as wax? I like the idea of getting the Subzero Fuzion as it is such a good deal. How about this? Clay or whatever for the wax, Wolf Finishing Glaze, Fuzion, Wolf DG Paint Sealant? Or does the Fuzion go last? Thanks for your help!

Speed-Dude
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
i would clay and then do an ipa wipedown because you might find the dealership didnt do as good of a job as you thought they would do. Then you can put the dgps and you have to wait for min 12 hours before putting anything on that which then you would put fuzion. dgps cant go over fuzion.

sal329
02-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Clay, if there are swirl marks I would use 4" pads with the PC and Menz SIP then 106ff, then apply yuour Fuzion.

grambow
02-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Ah the acronyms...what is IPA?

redboost10
02-19-2009, 11:01 PM
isopropyl alcohol, there is a new acronym thread in the detail university section by the way. im new myself and was checking that out.