PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Wax opinions

Pages : [1] 2

Lowprofile
02-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Was going to upgradeto the Wheel Wax Extreme Black and wheel protection wax but keep hearing about this P21S. Is Wheel Wax a top of the line product or should I wait and grab some P21S? Just looking for the best tire and wheel cleaner/ enhancer I can get. Is the Wheel Wax line top of the line??

r0ckstrWS6
02-19-2009, 10:42 AM
i can't speak for the wheel wax, but I do use DP wheel glaze, and that stuff is awesome. it takes off brake dust etc.. soo easy and the wheels come out looking awesome. my .02

OGauge4Me
02-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I have chrome wheels and I use the same sealant that I put on the car.

Works great and easy to clean as well.

dublifecrisis
02-19-2009, 12:12 PM
me too..I've never used a dedicated wheel sealant. Opti-seal and/or Duragloss Aqua Wax is all I usually do.

orionz06
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
me too..I've never used a dedicated wheel sealant. Opti-seal and/or Duragloss Aqua Wax is all I usually do.

same sealant as car... sometimes ill use an old tub of nxt also... ive only used wheel wax once and wasnt impressed (relative to sealant) so i saved my money... poorboys is supposed to be pretty good, but i havent tried it

lgtspecb
02-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I also just use the same spray wax that I use on the car, whether it is AW, Opt Spray Wax, or Opti-Seal, they are just so easy and quick to apply on a regular basis. Pretty much any time I dress the tires I will also use a spray wax on the wheels.

I always think of doing a real coat of wax or sealant on the wheels when I do a full detail, but by the time I am done with the car I just want to be done and always resort back to spray products for the wheels. If I did do a coat, I wouldnt use a dedicated product, just the same stuff the rest of the car got.

dublifecrisis
02-19-2009, 03:08 PM
i think whatever logic I've come across in the past was just the fact that wax is more prone to breakdown with the heat (brakes are hot!) Therefore, sealants would provide more durability. I guess that's the case with paint too being that the sun, well, it's a little hot too...LOL

I think if you're one that uses wheel cleaner every time you clean the wheels, then a spray wax is fine. The wheel cleaner will no doubt strip every bit of sealant off the wheels.

If you JUST use soapy water with occassional cleaner then a good sealant would be justifiable.

orionz06
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
i generally will use mf towels and the remaining wash water for wheels...

ScottB
02-19-2009, 08:14 PM
I like Poorboys and DP over Wheel Wax personally.

sal329
02-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I use DG 501 or FK1 Hi Temp 1000p wax on wheels

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Dedicated wheel wax is all hype... Use the most durable sealant you have in your arsenal and you will be all set....

nitro78
02-19-2009, 08:22 PM
i use wheel wax followed by a application of aw every week and this combo works very well. as far as stand alone performance that i am not sure.

Lowprofile
02-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks. Great feedbback. Since the Alloys are coated they should be treated the same as paint. I have DG 501, 105 and AW in my arsenal. I think a coat of 501 followed by AW will do the job for me. I wasn't really impressed with the Wheel Wax "Extreme Black" on my tires. Is there a better product to really bring out that deep black look that doesn't look fake? I almost feel I have to use a product that produces that "wet" look to make them as black as I would like them. Recomendations? I personaly like a slick, deep, wet black look. Think it really makes the tires stand out. What can I use to get this look without looking fake?

dublifecrisis
02-20-2009, 09:42 AM
duragloss is pretty wet looking no?

redboost10
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
i just put an order in that included pw ex-p that i plan to use on my rims, hopefully it will work well