PDA

View Full Version : P21S Wheel Cleaner Regular or Gel?

grambow
02-18-2009, 11:53 PM
I just purchased a 2008 Mercedes C350 and I really want to be careful with cleaning the wheels. It looks like P21S wheel cleaner is the safest choice. My question is how the regular formula compares to the gel. Do most of you stick with the gel or should I start with the regular formula? Also, I am ordering from Wisconsin where it is still quite cold. Do I need to worry about this stuff freezing? I plan on capitalizing on the frozen Fuzion special. Apparently it is okay for wax to freeze, But what about the wheel cleaner. Thanks!

supercharged
02-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Gel, and only gel.

ml13
02-19-2009, 05:23 AM
The P21S is a fine choice but your not going to ruin those clear coated wheels. Just make sure you use a wheel cleaner that is safe for clear coated wheels. If you want to go with a cleaner you can buy from the store, Eagle One A to Z Wheel cleaner is good too, as is the Meguiars All Wheel Cleaner. You do not need something exotic for standard c-class wheels. AS for the gel or regular cleaner, either will be fine but I would choose the gel out of pure preference.

dublifecrisis
02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Since P21s is widely used as a good soaking cleaner (don't have to rinse right away) the gel is more popular and probably more effective. it's still thin enough tp spray on, it just grabs on to the vertical surfaces better than the others.
There are other wheel cleaners that are also "safe" for all types of wheels and use less or no acid. I just picked up Black Magic titanium locally the other day but have yet to use it. I would use it on chrome if I didn't have P21s.

Meghan
02-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Since P21s is widely used as a good soaking cleaner (don't have to rinse right away) the gel is more popular and probably more effective. it's still thin enough tp spray on, it just grabs on to the vertical surfaces better than the others.

:whs:

ScottB
02-19-2009, 08:23 PM
I too like the gel, but liquid is nice for well kept wheels.

ml13
02-19-2009, 09:33 PM
How long can you leave the ps21 gel sitting?

supercharged
02-19-2009, 10:44 PM
How long can you leave the ps21 gel sitting?
you can let it sit for up to 2 hours. I usually let it sit for 15 minutes or so.

elk42
02-20-2009, 08:41 AM
gonna use mine when the weather finally breaks here in southern NJ.

Emile
02-20-2009, 09:20 AM
I too have P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner and Eagle One A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner. For wheels that aren't so dirty, soap and water and a few wheel/tire brushes do the trick just fine.

P21S is my most effective and most expensive wheel cleaner so I treat it as such. I believe the regular liquid P21S Wheel Cleaner is for quick easy cleanings, and the Gel is for very dirty wheels that require more cleaning power. Both products are 100% safe for your wheels.