PDA

View Full Version : Candle wax on seats and carper

sympley
02-18-2009, 11:25 PM
My wife was transporting candle holders and there were some leftover candles on these holders. She left them in the car and it was very hot outside. Sure enough the candles melted and not she has carpet and her cloth seats covered in candle wax.
Any recommendations how to get it out? Is there any special product I can purchase?

BenzDetailer
02-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Is the upolstery Leather, Cloth or something else. If cloth is it fiberous or plush? Now I am gonna give you a TOP SECRET SOURCE !!!! .... Find the best Dry Cleaner in your area and go have a conversation with him or her. This should be the guy that has been in business for 30 years or so. If you have a sample of the candle this will help! Good Luck .

I have removed wax with ten different products depending on the upolstery and the severity. I have Frozen it off and Disolved it with more heat and everything in between! When removing it with heat you use a clean white terry towel and a standard 1500 Watt Blow Dryer. Lay the towel on the wax - shoot the heat through the towel and blot!

Showroom Shine
02-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Is the upolstery Leather, Cloth or something else. If cloth is it fiberous or plush? Now I am gonna give you a TOP SECRET SOURCE !!!! .... Find the best Dry Cleaner in your area and go have a conversation with him or her. This should be the guy that has been in business for 30 years or so. If you have a sample of the candle this will help! Good Luck .

I have removed wax with ten different products depending on the upolstery and the severity. I have Frozen it off and Disolved it with more heat and everything in between! When removing it with heat you use a clean white terry towel and a standard 1500 Watt Blow Dryer. Lay the towel on the wax - shoot the heat through the towel and blot!
:goodpost: I have done this also. These techniques work!

bill walsh
02-19-2009, 10:49 AM
go to a janitor supply and get candle wax remover

sympley
02-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Thank you for the recommendations. I will be trying few of them. Sounds like it will be doable to get it out or will there be a stain left forever after the wax is gone.

img
02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
wick it off