PDA

View Full Version : 85RD...Is it worth a try?

Pages : [1] 2

AudiTTman
02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Well, I just got bored, and figured, why not on my dad off buy a present for myself. However, im restricting myself to 50$ lol. Thought about gettin the Menz 85RD and a few back up pads. Its the 85RD quite the difference maker when it comes to a shinny surface?

Also, about how long with a PC would it take to jewel the paint ??

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Well, I just got bored, and figured, why not on my dad off buy a present for myself. However, im restricting myself to 50$ lol. Thought about gettin the Menz 85RD and a few back up pads. Its the 85RD quite the difference maker when it comes to a shinny surface?

yes, and atleast several minutes.

Rsurfer
02-18-2009, 08:14 PM

Depends on the finish, but it will take awhile. People tend to rush this step so take your time, buff until almost clear. You'll need some blue lc pads.

redboost10
02-18-2009, 08:17 PM
im very curious as well. so this is worth while to be applied after nano/blue pad? it will really enhance the gloss that much? i know nano takes quite a while with the blue pad.

where im confused is, looking at the menz chart, nano and 85rd have the same gloss rating, but many are saying there is an improvement.

AudiTTman
02-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Well no worries here. I have OCD pretty bad, so i tend to overdo things pretty well hahaha, so giving it plenty of buffing time is going to be just fine haha. OHH YES BLUE PADS!!!!! Rocket has reminded me of this special pad before. Ive never owned a blue before. Gosh i need to get out more lol

The finish of my car a metallic black, so hopefully that works

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-18-2009, 08:23 PM
im very curious as well. so this is worth while to be applied after nano/blue pad? it will really enhance the gloss that much? i know nano takes quite a while with the blue pad.

where im confused is, looking at the menz chart, nano and 85rd have the same gloss rating, but many are saying there is an improvement.

The 85rd has a better gloss level than 106fa, but 106fa has some cut to it.

Well no worries here. I have OCD pretty bad, so i tend to overdo things pretty well hahaha, so giving it plenty of buffing time is going to be just fine haha. OHH YES BLUE PADS!!!!! Rocket has reminded me of this special pad before. Ive never owned a blue before. Gosh i need to get out more lol

The finish of my car a metallic black, so hopefully that works

You will really notice it on black.

Rsurfer
02-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Works for me and I think AsphaltRocket will agree. You will never know until you try it out. That's how we dummies keep AG and others in business. We are alway's looking for that ultimate shine.:buffing:

redboost10
02-18-2009, 08:25 PM
haha, *added to cart*. im fitting in then, huh?

loudog2
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
A must have product

AudiTTman
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I know this is gonna sound weird, but if a smaller pad tends to work quicker, does a 4in blue pad exist??? lol

Or does that just pertain to cutting polishes?

I was just thinkin that if it takes along time to work the RD, then maybe a smaller pad would speed it up

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-18-2009, 08:38 PM
haha, *added to cart*. im fitting in then, huh?

Not yet-lol, there other finishing polishes I use also.

redboost10
02-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Ill keep working on it then. Thank you for all the help.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Ill keep working on it then. Thank you for all the help.

Anytime, just keep asking away.

Rsurfer
02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I know this is gonna sound weird, but if a smaller pad tends to work quicker, does a 4in blue pad exist??? lol

Or does that just pertain to cutting polishes?

I was just thinkin that if it takes along time to work the RD, then maybe a smaller pad would speed it up
I've used a 4" blue pad, but didn't notice if it's faster.

dublifecrisis
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
DANG IT!! I want some 85rd too!! All I gots is the IP and FP. I have other polishes but I want SIP and 85rd too.

adding to cart