PDA

View Full Version : Help with Pads

mr.c
08-22-2006, 06:31 AM
Hi everyone,
Feed back please
I received a new Porter cable 7424 for my birthday which is this one ....
My question is this which pad should I use for #80/83. Also I will follow that up with #7 which pad? And finish up with #26 liquid which pad? Or should I apply the #7 and #26 by hand? The car is a 2004 Honda Ex Coupe color is Ralley Red and it is in very good shape and garage kept.The finish on the car is like glass I just have some swirl marks to get rid of.
The car has been washed and clayed
Thanks so much for your help.

http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/thankyousign.gif

emaxxman
08-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Mike Phillips at Meguiars Online recommends a polishing pad for use with 80/83. That would be the Lake Country white pad sold here at autogeek. I use a grey finishing pad to apply any toppers (wax, glaze, sealants). I then remove them with a mf polishing cloth.

Alot of people do apply toppers by hand...I'm not that great at it so I do use the PC. It allows me to apply a very thin, even layer. I did just get some mf applicators so that may help. I was using a foam applicator before.

For your car, with the paint in good condition, I would go with anything more than a white polishing pad and 80. To be honest, if you don't have any swirls, I would go with a non-abrasive polish first. I just bought DP's Final Finishing Polish (haven't had a chance to try it out yet.) Klasse AIO is a forum favorite too. I plan on using the DP with a white pad.

FloridaNative
08-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Good advice!:applause: Way to go Emaxxman :cheers: