PDA

View Full Version : AG Foam Gun Tips & Settings

graffix000
02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I just used my quart version of the AG foam gun this past weekend. It made my job of washing my car quite a bit easier as I used it as a pre-soak method.

My question is to what settings work best to use. I used 2 oz of DP extreme foam that came with the gun and added it to 8 oz of water in the container. I then shook the bottle to get the foam.

I tried a of the possible mixture level on the gun. I think I got the best results from the 4:1 setting. What is the best setting to use for dilution?

Should I be shaking the container as I use the foam to generate additional foam? Reason I ask is when I was cleaning the container after use, there was additional DP mixture that wasn't used and created alot of soap as I cleaned it.

Any tips and setting would be appreciated. I liked the use of it, but want to get the most out of the product.

Thanks for any input.

Matt

orionz06
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
i will use old windshield washer fluid bottle to mix up the soap/water for in the bottle. its easier to do it that way when you go to pour and mix, you can get it evenly disolved into the water and never worry...

some people add ONR to the quart bottle also

Harleyguy
02-18-2009, 01:26 PM
I just used my quart version of the AG foam gun this past weekend. It made my job of washing my car quite a bit easier as I used it as a pre-soak method.

My question is to what settings work best to use. I used 2 oz of DP extreme foam that came with the gun and added it to 8 oz of water in the container. I then shook the bottle to get the foam.

I tried a of the possible mixture level on the gun. I think I got the best results from the 4:1 setting. What is the best setting to use for dilution?

Should I be shaking the container as I use the foam to generate additional foam? Reason I ask is when I was cleaning the container after use, there was additional DP mixture that wasn't used and created alot of soap as I cleaned it.

Any tips and setting would be appreciated. I liked the use of it, but want to get the most out of the product.

Thanks for any input.

MattI noticed that most of the soaps have a label on them telling what ratio is a good mix.I also assume it depends on how much soap you want on the car what to mix at.I just use what the label says.Next time will mix before in a larger container

orionz06
02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
.Next time will mix before in a larger container

once you get stuff premixed you wont go back... its so nice having concentrates or stuff that you will add water to mixed and ready to go..

i have a foam gun mix, onr mixed (1 oz in 1 gallon, i add another gallon when i use it to get the correct dilution), onr at qd mix, optimum gloss enhancer, megs hyperwash in a gallon (add 3 more gallons when used)...

i find this a great way to be ready for a nice day in pittsburgh, and more importantly, i can avoid the foaming issues or spilling in the driveway.