PDA

View Full Version : Please check my website.

Pages : [1] 2

Derrick
02-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Please let me know what you think. Be very critical. I want this to be the last time I design this site for a long time. I don't have my pictures in the gallery or information on my blog yet. They will be coming soon.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Derrick

DiPaoro
02-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I was unable to find a clear price sheet. There were additional charges, but what about the base prices for detailing my car e.g. $40 plus $20?

Also, I would have packages....Basic = $40; Basic Plus = $60 to high end.

Just my two cents! The website is very professional looking....!

Derrick
02-18-2009, 06:02 PM
DiPaoro,

Thanks for helping. How about an express detail starting at so many $'s and the ultimate detail starting at a much higher figure?

My express detail will take a minimum of 2 hours to complete and the ultimate detail can take 2 or 3 days.

Everyone please chime in. I need feedback. Feed back please I want this business to succeed.

TIA,
Derrick

Junebug1998
02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Ok you asked I will give you my personal opinion from a customer perspective.

Hard to read, your font and color selection (Gray) for the wording is difficult to read and doesnt catch the eye. The entire page is Gray, light blue, silver, white etc.. Even the car pictures are Gray, Silver or White. You want the site to pop just like the cars you detail !!!

What is the need to share your weekly schedule. I as a customer would not care what days you do what. If I am calling for service I want to know when I can get it in and how long it is going to take. I dont want to hear you tell me that If I bring it on Tuesday that I cant get it washed until Thursday.

May want to list what products you use.

loudog2
02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Change the font. I had lasik surgery, and it was still hard to pick up. Agree the weekly schedule needs to go. It will keep some people from coming in, thinking it is the wrong day. Price, packages need to be more clear.

Derrick
02-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I've changed some elements on some pages. Let me know if the black letters with the gray background is easier to read.

Junebug1998
02-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Yes but it would help if you made the font one size larger and maybe try a different style of text. The other thing that I found for one of my buisness websites is to have a link to pages of customer comments..... Customers like to hear what other people have to say about your work.

I still think your site needs something that POPS !! It doesnt grab you when you get there. It needs something to draw your attention to a car that is freaking way amped up and looking good. Your work needs to sell your work so to speak.

Derrick
02-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I've changed the background to gray on all pages. Now I need to know what is the best font for people to see. My schedule is also being removed for the time being.

orionz06
02-19-2009, 07:32 PM
not to jump on the car color, i think if you had a better colored car that will show details in the paint people never see... a nice wet black red or blue... and maybe try a more common car to get people thinking that their car can shine...

Derrick
03-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Please check my redesigned website. My blog is now working. If you are going to detail fest the blog which is located under the gallery plus tab will wet your appetite for the Meguiar's session you will attend.

Dsoto87
03-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Just to comment on the actual services...what does ". A 5 year warranty is available to new vehicle owners only" , mean? I hope you have all the fine print worked out before you make a guarantee like that.

conan777
03-01-2009, 07:05 AM
I think the site as a whole looks nice. In the first paragraph you say...

"Call us and we’ll come by determine the extent of the damage and fix it, if you desire."

To me that doesn't sound right. maybe ...Call us and we'll come by TO determine the extent of the damage etc....

What is the 5 year warranty thing all about? sounds a little shady to me like a dealership scam?? just my 2 cents.

OGauge4Me
03-01-2009, 07:06 AM
I could not make the blog window fill my entire screen. I found it very difficult to read the blog.

Junebug1998
03-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Really a shame you cant get some cars with color ! OR add something that really draws your attention.

Derrick
03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Junebug,
I'll change the graphic later. I have an older Mustang GT 5.0 with SS paint that's oxidized to hell that the owner wants to look good. That's going to be fun. I'll put the before and after pictures on each side of the banner, that'll knock their socks off!

Derrick