PDA

View Full Version : People slamming doors

AudiTTman
02-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Well i was on my way to class today(Chemistry 112 "booo"), and did a walk around on my car when i parked it....only to find a huge 12in long white door bang on my black door. Boy was I lit up ! Its a shame that people dont take the time to make sure they are safely parked fair enough away so they can get their door opened without hitting someone else. However, as a person who loves detailing, im taking this as a job opportunity to clean up this nasty scratch/mark! It was bad enough that some guys in my chem class and even my LAB TEACHER came to see the mess. They all said, "wow, it's not our car and we feel bad lol" I might post some before and after pics tomorrow. I wouldnt call it the worst mark in the world, but for someone who strives for a nice slick, shiny, mark free surface, it sure does bring out your innner OCDD or "Obsessive Compulisive Detaling Disorder"

killrflake
02-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry to here about your ride taking a hit like that. It is a shame how people disregard other peoples property, it can be a BMW or a Kia, it makes no diference. Were you able to tell if the car next to you was the culprit, if it was, I would have to have waited till the owner of it came out and confronted him about the damage. Anyway, I hope you are able to correct the damage and benifit from some of the great products you have bought from Autogeek. Good luck.

AudiTTman
02-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Well i appreciate it Killrflake, i believe i have an idea to who may have contributed to my new white "racing stripe" down my door hahah. It was actually done i believe around 2 days ago, and i just now noticed. Ill try to be nice, but like you know....when you put so much work into the vehicle to keep it looking beautiful and someone comes along and messes it up, its hard not a little ticked off hahaha. Ill let you know how it goes

tempter927
02-17-2009, 11:16 PM
First of all, Sorry to hear about your car, thats really a shame and lack of respect, I'm sure the white car was a piece of crap.

Second of all,, is it safe to assume that the white car's door should have traces of your black paint on it?? If I were you I'd play detective check that out and make them pay for your time to repair the paint. I live in nyc and park as far away from other cars in the parking lot as possible! Im dreading the day when some jackass does that to my car.

redboost10
02-18-2009, 12:56 AM
Sorry to hear about that. Good luck on the process. Post up some pictures for sure. Let us know what you use and the outcome

Scooter89
02-18-2009, 01:53 AM
you know i must say... im paranoid about doors. when i park and notice the car is either real close or seems like the type that may just ding me... i memorize or write down the plates. i have a lil notepad in my truck of jotted plates and while it has yet to be of use... one day some careless soul will open up a can of whoop from me. oh man i am paranoid of people even leaning on my truck or god forbid the bouncing on the sides. and people writing in the dust, when it ever gets dusty, OH MY gawd. dude... if that happened to me yeah i would wait all day for the person and tell them they owe me some paint lol. if i ever catch teh punk that took a knife to the drivers side of the door... hes payin me big. dude when that happened i was at max madness because it was just sprayed not 4 months pror. so i feel your pain.

calhoun1
02-18-2009, 05:23 AM
that sucks big.

I feel your pain. When I park I make the effort to be next to a curb/grass so I only have 1 car to worry about and I even will get some wheels on the grass to get as much room away from other cars as possible.

And I do a walk around every time I come back to my car and I pity the person who slams their door into my car....

Eliran
02-18-2009, 08:16 AM
I feel you Audi.
A couple of month ago I had the same like you but worst.
I parked outside my street since it was in construction and could not park in my garage. I went to my car and when I came I almost past out. A huge howl on my door and wing that looks like a SUV with towing hook did that. All my door and wing was totally ruined and was smashed all over. I think the SUV has a rear wheel since some of them were pretty high.
Long short story I decided to not give up, waited the whole day for the SUV to come and without any luck did not find him. I decided to change the door and wing to a new ones since it was really difficult to repair that. Since then the car was repainted three times without luck of getting to my color (197 Obsidian Black). Next week I am going to do another repainting and hoping to get it right this time. So it really wasnt a pleasure to do so and really pissed me off that some people dont really give enough attention to this detail. the damage cost me about 5,500$ which is not really fun.
I know this is really pissed off after you doing your best to take care of your car and a moment after someone else come and ruined for you. really out of control.

ScottB
02-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I think all cars should come with a significant electrical shocker, if you touch it while parked and owner away you should be reminded its best to look with your eyes and not your hands.

AudiTTman
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM
AMEN to that Killr!!! maybe we can do that, makes a couple million and go out and by two new ZR1 vette's.

ScottB
02-18-2009, 06:40 PM
AMEN to that Killr!!! maybe we can do that, makes a couple million and go out and by two new ZR1 vette's.

We could also send the first couple pics into Worlds Funniest Video's . Grandma gets tazered while swinging the ole Park Avenue door into a Mazda. ZZZZZZZZ>>> Might make one or two guess before being so inconsiderate.

loudog2
02-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I walk around and inspect my car every time I leave a parking spot. I've had that happen to me so many times. Usually along with a small dent that can't be popped out easily.

Surfer
02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
That's why I like my truck, has a hard molding that just happens to sit level with car doors, so it barely shows a ding or scratch, but I can wipe off the other vehicles left over paint from opening their door into it haha

AudiTTman
02-18-2009, 08:52 PM
We could also send the first couple pics into Worlds Funniest Video's . Grandma gets tazered while swinging the ole Park Avenue door into a Mazda. ZZZZZZZZ>>> Might make one or two guess before being so inconsiderate.

Hahahahhaha :iagree: No one would ever touch another souls car again!!!

Speed-Dude
02-18-2009, 09:41 PM

haha that reminds me of this video
- Old-school grandma hit the mercedes

Now that i think about it, it really has nothing to do with what you just said but its still funny!