PDA

View Full Version : wheel cleaner

outlander
02-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I recently purchased p21s wheel cleaner. Any suggestions on it;s use. Any pro's or cons about the product?Feed back please

dublifecrisis
02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
It's a great product. It's safe for all wheels and my favorite part about P21s wheel cleaner, specifically the gel is that you spray it on the wheels then work on something else. You can leave the P21s on for as long as you want and not worry about damaging even expensive race wheels or those fancy AMG wheels, BBS etc...Just spray it for a few, agitate with a brush to work it in well then let it sit for another 15-20 minutes if needed.
I know it's a little pricey but if your wheels are sealed then you should be able to clean then just with wash soap for a few washes then use the P21s as needed.

Meghan
02-17-2009, 09:03 AM
He is right, especially if you got the gel, spray it and leave it while you do another section on the car. It will loosen all the brake dust and road grime for you.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Dub's and Meghan's post I think just sealed the deal. Definitely getting this in my next order!

blk45
02-18-2009, 12:04 AM
I recently purchased p21s wheel cleaner. Any suggestions on it;s use. Any pro's or cons about the product?Feed back please

Pros = great wheel cleaner that is very safe for wheels.
Cons = price tag.

D
02-18-2009, 02:13 PM
It isnt necessary to use on your own cars if you ask me. If you maintain them correctly, all you need is soap and water.

ml13
02-28-2009, 04:55 AM
I can seal the hell out of my wheels and I wash my truck weekly and soap and water will not do the trick on my AMG wheels on my ML55 AMG. I mean it does an ok job, if you scrub the hell out of them but isnt the point of using better products is doing a better job easier. Do what works for you, but soap and water is fine for a quick wash but if I want to get my wheels clean clean then I need something thatll really bite in to that brake dust. I normally would not prefer to spend 15 minutes per wheel sccrubbing with soap and water when I get use a better product thatll save me time and energy. Like I said though, to each his own.

It isnt necessary to use on your own cars if you ask me. If you maintain them correctly, all you need is soap and water.

supercharged
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
I can seal the hell out of my wheels and I wash my truck weekly and soap and water will not do the trick on my AMG wheels on my ML55 AMG. I mean it does an ok job, if you scrub the hell out of them but isnt the point of using better products is doing a better job easier. Do what works for you, but soap and water is fine for a quick wash but if I want to get my wheels clean clean then I need something thatll really bite in to that brake dust. I normally would not prefer to spend 15 minutes per wheel sccrubbing with soap and water when I get use a better product thatll save me time and energy. Like I said though, to each his own.
German cars will still need a wheel cleaner if you ask me. Wheather you seal those wheels or not. And if you use a wheel cleaner - I see not point sealing those wheels...Only if you use Opti-Seal - wipe on walk away application...

blk45
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM

Ceramic pads. The only way to go. Akebono Euros.

ScottB
03-02-2009, 07:53 AM
spray -- saturate --- sit ---agitate --- stream water

pretty easy stuff

D
03-02-2009, 02:46 PM

Yep, as Blk45 said, get some low dusting pads and it wont be such a pain.