PDA

View Full Version : pinnacle poly clay

jamores23
02-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Well I used pinnacle poly clay today on my bmw e46 m3. This product sucks. The reason I say it sucks is because my other clay bar from car chem which is purple does more work than the poly clay. I tryed using poly clay on a white nissan sentra to remove overspray which my purple clay bar can do it and it didnt even budge one spec of over spray. Why is this? Why doesnt poly clay take it out? It seems to be to delicate!

MoBenzOwner
02-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Like polishes, there are different levels of agressiveness for clay bars. Some are finer some are coarser. Some users vary the type of clay they use depending on intended application. HTH......

jamores23
02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
How do I determine which one is coarser or finer? When would I use the poly clay instead of a more coarser clay?

HighEndDetail
02-16-2009, 05:16 PM
How do I determine which one is coarser or finer? When would I use the poly clay instead of a more coarser clay?

The more aggresive the clay, the more it can mar the paint. And it usually states it on the box, which grade it is. I.E.- fine/ med/ med fine/ aggressive.
I have used the pinnical poly clay, on a few dark cars. I mostly use clay magic blue clay, which is a medium. There red clay is the aggresive one.
Zaino used to be yellow like the meg's one. Then Sal changed the color to red. And it has the same bite as thier yellow was.
I have a few yellow bars of the (you can not buy in the states clay) yet to try too.:D

SSTG
02-16-2009, 08:58 PM

They should state which grade they are.
If you would like to clay your car often.

loudog2
02-16-2009, 10:10 PM
The description says it is a ultra fine clay.

Meghan
02-17-2009, 08:51 AM
You got Pinnacle Ultra Fine Poly Clay which in the description it clearly states...

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay is designed for frequent use. Whereas our original clay is recommended to use once or twice a year, this ultra fine grade of elastic detailing clay can be used as often as necessary to maintain a slick, reflective finish. Use it once a month or as needed to spot-clean – Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay is gentle on all types of paint!

....is a very fine grade of clay

Also stated on the page this is a mild clay intended to be safe for frequent use. If you were looking for an aggressive clay then you purchasd the wrong one.

DP Universal Clay Bar or Meguiars Detailing Clay- Agressive might be more what you need.

DiPaoro
02-17-2009, 10:25 AM
How about the Wolfgang clay bar?

I am seeking a once a year solution and can I use the Wolfgang Wash and some water as a lube?

Meghan
02-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Wolfgang clay bar is more aggressive then the Pinnacle, yes. I do not recommend wash and water as a lube, that my .02

ScottB
02-17-2009, 06:07 PM
I miss the original yellow Pinnacle Poly Clay ... it had a bit more bite but also spawned its little brother the green poly clay.

Got Boost?
02-17-2009, 08:28 PM
I thought the same thing when i first pruchased the Ultra Poly. But then found out what was posted above that its a VERY fine clay and thats why it wasnt yielding the results i was looking for. That being said, it does very well for its intended use...