PDA

View Full Version : 2 buckets wash method

jamores23
02-16-2009, 09:46 AM
why do you guys use the "two bucket method?" I got one girt gaurd and one 5 gal. bucket and a small bucket i use for the wheels. Is there a car shampoo that strips old wax off the car? can I always use alcohol to strip off all the old wax before adding a ps or a wax, I usually put more than half alcohol and a little bit of water is that paint safe? whats a good wheel polish for high end wheels?

ScottB
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
one bucket is to rinse the contaminents out of mitt or towel prior to going back into the soap bucket. A grit guard can help if choosing to do a one bucket method.

dublifecrisis
02-16-2009, 11:08 AM
All I know is my 2nd bucket (the rinse one) is always filthy when I dump it. That clue is enough for me. My wash bucket will also have some dirt at the bottom but much less. This means every time I dunk my wash media in the rinse bucket that a signifcant amount of dirt/sand is NOT going back into the wash bucket.

there are some soaps that will strip off wax etc...Total Auto Wash, Citrus wash, etc..

50/50 ratio should be good with dsitilled water and the stronger IPA.

For chrome wheels, I've had great results with just a normal AIO like poli-seal.

Jimmie
02-16-2009, 11:55 AM
:iagree: with both above.
After using two buckets and seeing the released contaminents in the rinse bucket it would be hard to use just one. I'd always feel that there were contaminents suspended above the grit guard from being stirred-up constantly.

jamores23
02-16-2009, 12:14 PM
is KLASSE AIO good for wheels?

orionz06
02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
ive used both, and to use the same thoughts, the junk in the rinse bucket is crazy, even after washing a car that was perceived to be pretty clean...

for those who use a single bucket, even if you rinse the wash tool with a hose, try a rinse bucket once to see what doesnt come out... the hose cleans well, but the wash tool gets cleaned better with total immersion and a grit guard

plus, when i do the 2 bucket, i can usually get away with 3 gallons of ONR mix for 2-3 cars, probably more if i wanted to push it

vinnier6
02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
sometimes i use just one bucket if my car isnt that bad, but i will hose off my mitt before i put it back into the bucket....

reason_being
02-16-2009, 01:16 PM
sometimes i use just one bucket if my car isnt that bad, but i will hose off my mitt before i put it back into the bucket....

I tend to do this when I'm super lazy but it works right?

ScottB
02-17-2009, 06:18 PM
All I know is my 2nd bucket (the rinse one) is always filthy when I dump it. That clue is enough for me. My wash bucket will also have some dirt at the bottom but much less. This means every time I dunk my wash media in the rinse bucket that a signifcant amount of dirt/sand is NOT going back into the wash bucket.

dump rinse bucket and refill at 1/2 point for best/cleanest water.

Surfer
02-17-2009, 06:49 PM
If you use a mitt like the Schmitt also, give it a spray w/ the hose before dunking in the rinse bucket, the Schmitt released almost everything easily, that way your rinse bucket stays less contaminated when you pull out and go to your wash bucket.