PDA

View Full Version : Leather Products?

Pages : [1] 2

DetailnDude
02-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone knows what you really need to look for in quality Leather cleaning/conditioning products. There are just so many brands I have heard great things about then I hear they are not so great .. What I use works great but I just want to know what is out there. I have heard that some Love and some don't care for Zaino then I have heard the same on Leatherique products. Are these the most popular or is there something else to look at? Basically if you had to go take care of the Leather in a Gulfstream 650 private jet valued around $65 million what what you use?
Thanks !:buffing:

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Leather Masters

DetailnDude
02-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Leather Masters
Thank You !

blk45
02-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Leather Masters

:whs: Leatherique is great for once a year use or serious rejuvenation. Leather Masters is great for normal use.

DetailnDude
02-16-2009, 01:03 AM
:whs: Leatherique is great for once a year use or serious rejuvenation. Leather Masters is great for normal use.

Thank You ! I ordered some Leatherique I am glad to hear I didn't waste my money. Both of my personal vehicles are leather. I'll get some Leather Masters ordered any particular products or is it just a cleaner/conditioner?

MASERATI nut
02-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Hello Bob,
I have been using Connolly leather cleaner followed up with Connolly conditioner. A little pricey but well worth it!

07 Maserati Quattroporte
98 Mercedes C230

ScottB
02-16-2009, 09:01 AM
I use Einszett or Connolly on cars monthly, and Leatherique annually. Since most leathers are actually coated it is hard to truly be sure if more than just adding some sunscreen to the leather.

ml13
02-16-2009, 09:01 AM
For leather restoration definitely Leatherique. Do yourself a favor and when you do the first application apply the oil in an excessive fashion. You want to really drench the seats in it to the point where theres a puddle accumulating. Make sure you do it when its either real hot and and the trucks sitting in the sun or run the heat and seat heaters for a good hour before applying it and at least an hour or 2 while its sitting on there. Then let hte truck sit at least 12 hours with the oil on, or overnight is even better. I did it this way and my seats which were kinda dry came out awesome. And they stayed that one. After my initial use I now use the oil maybe 2 or 3 times a year, but no where near as thick an application as my first one. I use Lexol conditioner about one every 6 weeks for maintenance and use poorboys natural look on it every 3 weeks or so in between for UV protection. Also do not use harsh over the counter cleaners on it. Only use the Leatherique Prestine clean for maintenance cleaning and even then you only need to do this like once every 2 months or so, depending on how dirty you get your leather. If you need to clean your leather in between the 2 months, simply use warm water. Its over cleaning which dries out your leather. I follow the formula on my 01 Benz leather, which I got with 60k miles on it and in only dent shape and my leather looks awesome now and stays that way.

Old Pirate
02-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Leather Masters

Both are my choice for leather!.....................:cheers:

DetailnDude
02-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all you responses ! You are a very helpful group !

Can the Leatherique rejuvenator be left on to long and cause damage or is there something you look for to know when it has been there long enough?

gary26
02-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Leatherique has an awesome site for info.

Showroom Shine
02-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Does the use of all the different products really protect the seats from normal wear on daily drivers? The wrinkles and cracks?

OGauge4Me
02-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks for all you responses ! You are a very helpful group !

Can the Leatherique rejuvenator be left on to long and cause damage or is there something you look for to know when it has been there long enough?

Bob:
I have left Leatherique on all day and removed it the next day with no problems.

I also use it 3 to 4 times a year with no problems. I am interested to know why members only recommend using it once a year?

GMC83
02-17-2009, 08:59 PM
i like Lexol for in the car and house

DetailnDude
02-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Bob:
I have left Leatherique on all day and removed it the next day with no problems.

I also use it 3 to 4 times a year with no problems. I am interested to know why members only recommend using it once a year?

Hey Thanks !
That is kinda what I was looking for . I just didn't know if there was a point no return. I should be getting my Leatherique products any day now . But it won't do much good just yet because My Cad is in storage for the winter.And it's the first car I am going to try it on. I am trusting your opinions otherwise I would try it on something other than my summer toy. I'm going to get it out in April. I would like to live somewhere I could drive it all year but at least this way I keep the miles down.. It's a 97 and just turned 70k.:awesome: