PDA

View Full Version : Light swirl removal after washing

Pages : [1] 2

AudiTTman
02-15-2009, 05:20 PM
So say you just finished washing your car, which in the previous week you had fully detailed to a swirl free shine. Now you notice after washing, you have gotten back some of those little swirls and you wanna get them off, but without having to go through an entire process. Would it be alright to just use a White CCS Pad and Nano polish alone on my audi. I had tried it once before, and my car turned out perfect!!. I had mentioned it on another post and some people told me that wasnt a good idea. Lemme know. If i did do soemthing like that, should i go for like 3m UF? I just wanted a quick 1 step polish, then i would throw on the sealent and wax.

Rsurfer
02-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I would use 87MC on a white or blue depending on how much cut you need, assuming that the marring are minor. 87MC has the least cut and that will save your clear coat. It will also jewel your paint for max gloss.

orionz06
02-15-2009, 05:48 PM
XMT 1 is pretty light, and last step ready on a white or grey pad... from what i understand, 106fa on a grey pad might also work, but Rsurfer mentioned a better alternative...

AudiTTman
02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Yea Surfer its very light marring. I thought the white did a fantastic job, but it wouldn't hurt at all get a blue pad just for the sake of the CC. Basically just from the wash mitt is where the marks are coming from. I cant stand to see those streaks in the paint when the sun hits it lol. Ive always been in search for something that can jewel the paint, but not make me have to go through an entire 3-4-5 step process. Now i can save up my SIP and Nano hahaha!!! Of course, a full-scale detail is always fun and looks amazing, but sometimes u just need a little pick me up(like 87MC)!

Im assuming these will be quick passes since im not really trying to get deep marring and swirling out correct?

AudiTTman
02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
XMT 1 is pretty light, and last step ready on a white or grey pad... from what i understand, 106fa on a grey pad might also work, but Rsurfer mentioned a better alternative...

hey thank you for the great tip OrionZ, as funny as this sounds. I have never owned a grey pad in my detailing career (sad huh?), and since you mentioned it, im going to buy one right now hahah. As Conan O'Brian would say on his Swedish commercial.... "Vroom Vroom Party Starter"...........that is what im going to call my LSP from now on...the party starter lol

Rsurfer
02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Yea Surfer its very light marring. I thought the white did a fantastic job, but it wouldn't hurt at all get a blue pad just for the sake of the CC. Basically just from the wash mitt is where the marks are coming from. I cant stand to see those streaks in the paint when the sun hits it lol. Ive always been in search for something that can jewel the paint, but not make me have to go through an entire 3-4-5 step process. Now i can save up my SIP and Nano hahaha!!! Of course, a full-scale detail is always fun and looks amazing, but sometimes u just need a little pick me up(like 87MC)!

Im assuming these will be quick passes since im not really trying to get deep marring and swirling out correct?
Correct, but jeweling will take some time. Using 87mc and a blue pad will not harm your clear. You might want to try out Pinnacle Painwork Cleansing Lotion. It might get rid of those light swrils and it leaves an awesome shine.

AudiTTman
02-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Now jeweling is a new word to me. Lol i knw i should have this already, but could you explain why it takes so long to jewel the paint?

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I would go over it with 85rd or Ultrafina on a blue pad. Jeweling is your last polish step were you take your time and work the polish to the best gloss on your finish.

AudiTTman
02-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you very much Rocket for explaining that to me. In your opinion do you like the 85rd or the Ultrafine better?

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Thank you very much Rocket for explaining that to me. In your opinion do you like the 85rd or the Ultrafine better?

Ultrafina for ease of use and 85rd for the best gloss level period.

AudiTTman
02-15-2009, 08:55 PM
im all about the best, so 85rd it is. I believe you mentioned that to me in another thread, glad you told me once again!! With a fellow black car owner, it has to be the blackest of black to get me happy lol

orionz06
02-15-2009, 08:56 PM
and i will buy it as well...

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-15-2009, 09:01 PM
im all about the best, so 85rd it is. I believe you mentioned that to me in another thread, glad you told me once again!! With a fellow black car owner, it has to be the blackest of black to get me happy lol

and i will buy it as well...

Just wanted make sure you both understand it has a long working time especially with a pc and make sure you use it with a blue finishing pad.

AudiTTman
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
They say to use a grey pad, but like you all mentioned, wouldnt a blue pad give more shine and gloss

Edit- posted at the same time as Rocket lol

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
They say to use a grey pad, but like you all mentioned, wouldnt a blue pad give more shine and gloss

Edit- posted at the same time as Rocket lol

Blue pad for final polishing!!!!!!