PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z2Pro vs. Poorboys EX-P

P1et
08-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Even though I just bought the entire line of Poorboys products, I still have quite a bit of Zaino left. I'm assuming I can use Zaino with the PC as well, right?

If the answer is "yes", can I use the Z2Pro in place of the EX-P? I always used to layer and layer that Z2Pro on my truck, but understood that the EX-P only needed a layer or two before putting on the Natty's Blue.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Feed back please

BlackRocks
08-21-2006, 04:11 PM
It will depend on what you are using to polish the vehicle out with. PB's has a final polish with carnuaba in it and you cannot do that under Zaino. The surface must be free from wax and oils for Zaino.

I haven't gotten good results using Zaino and the PC to apply it....If it is working for you, then stick with it. I'll use the PC and a MF bonnet sometimes to do the initial removal of Zaino, but always follow that with a hand buffing...(no laughing...).

Todd

ScottB
08-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Z2Pro and EX-P are both pure sealants. Both offer nice looks and an easy to use product. Using the catalyst with Z2 will offer longer durability. My only complaint with EX-P is it is rather thick and hard to regulate into a thin coat like Z2 and other sealants like UPP, Wolfgang, Blackfire, and FMJ.

I would not use either over a polish with oils and fillers. I would rewash or wipe down (alcohol) first as the benefit is the sealants durability factor. I would not personally apply either with a buffer, but could easily remove either with micro bonnets.

Kelso
08-21-2006, 09:38 PM
ex-p is too thick? its kinda a liquid?

ScottB
08-21-2006, 09:45 PM
ex-p is too thick? its kinda a liquid?

mine is from original release, like a thick hand lotion, I had heard rumors that it was redesigned, but until now thought of it as just that.

TNT-C5
08-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Can you put Pinnacle Souveran paste wax over Zaino Z2 sealant for an even better shine?

ZaneO
08-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Can you put Pinnacle Souveran paste wax over Zaino Z2 sealant for an even better shine?

I have topped Zaino with several carnaubas, including Souveran, with very little effect. Give it a shot and see for yourself.

P1et
08-22-2006, 04:18 PM
That what I was wondering as well. Could I do the following:

1) SSR2.5
2) SSR1
3) Zaino Z2Pro
4) Natty's Blue

???

supercharged
08-22-2006, 06:39 PM
That what I was wondering as well. Could I do the following:

1) SSR2.5
2) SSR1
3) Zaino Z2Pro
4) Natty's Blue

???
Sounds good. Be sure to rewash after SSR1 or wipe down with water/alcohol 50/50 mix. That will make sure sealant bonds well to your paint.

P1et
08-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Interesting tip Supercharged, thanks!

joe.p
08-22-2006, 10:59 PM
what im wondering and have heard many times is that the SSR's contain filler. I dont have the exp to know the difference. Killerwheels is this true? I havent used it as much do to the heavy dusting and the SSR's gumming up lately. i've been using more of the menzernas,OP, HTEC..they finish up beautiful and just about ready for a LSP it depends on the pad your using..

btw,i'll be narrowing down much of my items and im gonna give Zano DG a try before i cut back and get rid of some of my products..

SpoiledMan
08-23-2006, 01:40 AM
Joe.P, my findings have been that SSR 2.5 does have some hiding ability. I haven't had that experience with the other SSR's. I'm mostly a Menzerna guy these days with a little Optimum and #80 on the side.:D

ScottB
08-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Joe, I find that the SSR's have some filling ability. Take it for what you want, but when sprayed with alcohol/water mix it hazes up immediately which is an indicator that somethings there.

Zaino DG ?? Do you mean Fusion ?? If so, I will let you know that I do NOT particullary like their polish. It turned all my rubber surrounds green (stained, as I can hide it with protectant, but after a couple washes it comes back) and is not a very abrasive polish. I would seriously reconsider and use the Menzerna Ceramiclear or Blackfire Ceramic Polish (rebottled) and then use the rest of the Z line as wanted.

Pixel
08-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I just EX-P'd my MX-5 twice, a week apart. Beautiful shine over a hot red paint. Then followed up with S100 carnuba. It definitely warmed it up, but that is indeed subjective. Ran through a heavy downpour today and the beading was incredible. (now I gotta clean that mess up...) Poorboy's customer service says I should not reapply EX-P over the carnuba, so I'll maintain this layer with either more s100 or Quck Wax+ (that's ok too) until the EX-P needs a "redo". Looks like a good combo so far.