PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Chesapeake Va needs advice

montana709
02-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Feed back pleaseHi everyone,

I’m new to the site and wow there’s a lot of good info here.

After 5 years and a long honey do list of home improvements, I finally got the all the junk cleared out of my garage 4 months ago….whew… where I can park 2 of our 3 cars and don’t miss scraping ice and freeze my b### of while working/detailing on the cars (both 2006 Honda sedans, & 2003 Ram 1500 truck).

So I got a Flex DA, with every CCS pad available a couple of months ago. And decided to go with the Wolfgang product line. While I’m happy with the results using the WG total swirl remover, WG Finishing Glaze, and WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I’m just not satisfied with the shine of my silver paint and just wondering if should be using a different brand for Honda type paints. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Montana

orionz06
02-14-2009, 10:36 PM
the shine will be strongly based on the condition of the cc... you may need to correct it beyond what you think with the silver... my white car was kind of tough, it seemed as if i was going to over polish it, but after getting past that, i found the true shine...

i dont think its so much the honda paint though... what is your last step product? the sealant? perhaps add a wax as well... silver it tough, but if youre not sure, try something like nattys paste wax for a low priced attempt at extra shine with the silvers... i think the grey will benefit as well

Detail4Life
02-14-2009, 11:38 PM
:welcome:

loudog2
02-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Welcome. You can try light colored carnubas. Dodo(diamond white/light fantastic), P21S 100% and a couple others, that look great on lighter colored cars/trucks.

Emile
02-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is one of the best sealants I have ever used but silver is a hard color to work with because it naturally does not offer much gloss/reflectivity.

I think if you want more shine, then maybe you should go with a sealant or wax that offers more of a candy-type look such as Klasse AIO and then a few coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Your lsp isn't what gives you your real shine or depth. I would go back over the vehicle a few more times with the swirl remove and glaze, you might need something stronger also, then go back over it with the swirl remover and glaze. You can not relay on the sealant to give you your shine. Wolfgang sealant is a great sealant but it is only the icing on the cake. Adding a nuba over the sealant isn't going to add much of anything either. Your shine comes from your polishing steps, sealants and waxes are there just for protection.