PDA

View Full Version : Which glass system to buy?

Damnhor2
02-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey guys, what is the difference between these 2 systems?
I can't seem to figure it out...

Diamondite® Glass Repair System Kit polishes out scratches in auto glass windshields and windows. Diamondite Glass polish restore car glass. (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-repair-kit.html)

Diamondite® Glasswork System Kit restores, polishes, and protects auto glass windshields and windows. Diamondite glass polish and glass sealant. (http://www.autogeek.net/diglkitforma.html)

Anyone?

Thanks!!!

Emile
02-14-2009, 11:59 PM
The first kit is for repairing scratches on the glass. You grind away the scratches with leveling discs and Glasswork Restorer, and then use Glasswork Poli-Shield and Gel Applicator to protect the glass.

The second kit is for general glass maintenance. Clay for picking up contamination and restoring smoothness. Then use Glasswork Restorer & Orange pad for buffing out water spots and other minor damage, and then Glasswork Shield to protect the glass.

The second kit is less abrasive to the glass and is for general glass maintenance and keeping it looking its best. The first kit is if you have a few noticeable scratches that you really want to get rid of by removing them.

Damnhor2
02-15-2009, 05:20 AM
I see...
Well, I do have minor scratches on my glass. Really micro.
How dangerous is the first kit to the novice?

ScottB
02-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Not to throw in another choice, but I personally use the DP Glass Restorer polish and then Aquapel.

Damnhor2
02-15-2009, 02:57 PM
So, I can just clay the window using pinnacle clay which I already have, then use DP Glass Restorer polish and then Aquapel?
And that should be enough, yeah?

Just 2 questions:

1. how do I apply the DP Glass Restorer polish?, by hand or by PC and which pad?

2. Will water glide down the window after aquapel or do I need something like Klasse AIO?

Damnhor2
02-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Also, I want to buy the
Aquapel Glass Treatment

But I can't get the Aquapel glass cleaner because it is a spray can and will not in overseas shipping.
I have invisible glass wipes, will that clean the glass ok?, or will it remove the protection?