PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailers

Pages : [1] 2

ajc347
02-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm unsure as to whether the following products are all essentially the same or whether each should be used in a specific circumstance:

Sonus Acrylic Spritz (sealant-based surfaces only or all surfaces?)

Sonus carnauba Spritz (Carnauba-based surfaces only or all surfaces?)

Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine (Duragloss products only???)

Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer (all surfaces??)

The world of quick detailers is new to me and I'm somewhat confused as to what products I need to purchase and am not sure if one product stands head & shoulders above the others in this area.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I've not had any experience with the ones you listed, but Mother's Showtime Shine QD has always been good for me. I've used it for quick spot cleaning and as clay lube.

ScottB
02-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I see only one product AG actually offers .... but most are similar IMO. Other than spray sealants and spray waxes, I group all others in qder+ products or detail sprays. Each offer some additional gloss to amp up a surface between waxes.

Quick Detailer -- Spot Cleaning Only
Qder + --- gloss additives, detailing spray best used after washing or while drying
Spray Wax/Sealants -- booster products for LSP

Dsoto87
02-13-2009, 11:20 PM
You only really need to worry about what type of qd your using when your lsp is a sealant and you plan on applying more of that sealant in the future.

If your using say KSG you wouldnt want to use Carnauba spritz on top since it will affect the bonding of future layers of KSG.

BTW: Optimum Instant Detailer is a great qd and really adds gloss. Besides that its extremely affordable since it comes in a concentrated form from 32oz and up. One 32oz bottle will make a gallon of QD

lgtspecb
02-13-2009, 11:33 PM
My picks are:

- Optimum No-Rinse Wash for a quick detailer and clay lube
- Optimum Instant Detail & Gloss Enhancer for topping sealants
- Optimum Spray Wax for topping carnauba coats

I don't mean to pimp out Opt products but these are all super cheap and super slick, the later two have great gloss for keeping your sealant or wax fresh.

Jimmie
02-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Kick those that you listed to the curb. Do yourself a favor and give "DP Final Gloss" a go. As always just one mans opinion but you will find what a QD can do to separate itself from the norm.

orionz06
02-14-2009, 10:06 AM
i will cast a vote the the megs ultimate quick detailer... i will also vote for the optimum concentrate and poorboys qd+... i think the poorboys tends to look a little better, but both are great, and it might just be in my head...

Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS (QD+) cleans and shines in one quick step. Spray and wipe detail spray, waterless wash (http://autogeek.net/poorboys-quick-detailer-plus.html)

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer (http://autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-quik-detailer.html)

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer Quick Detail Spray, opt quick detailer, spray detailer, waterless wash, instant detail spray (http://autogeek.net/optimum-instant-detailer-32oz.html)

and use these towels:
Cobra Arctic White Miracle Towel 2 Pack Buy One, Get One Free! (http://autogeek.net/miracle-towels.html)

ScottB
02-14-2009, 04:07 PM
You only really need to worry about what type of qd your using when your lsp is a sealant and you plan on applying more of that sealant in the future.

If your using say KSG you wouldnt want to use Carnauba spritz on top since it will affect the bonding of future layers of KSG.

BTW: Optimum Instant Detailer is a great qd and really adds gloss. Besides that its extremely affordable since it comes in a concentrated form from 32oz and up. One 32oz bottle will make a gallon of QD

I dont believe any spray wax, quick detailer, or detail spray offers enough protection to get you thru more than the next wash. At that point your LSP is likely the only protection and a layer can be added.

Emile
02-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Well I think it depends on a lot of factors here.

Chemical Guys claims that some of their QD's can be used with any wax or sealant to enhance durability and refresh the shine, but that can be said about almost any quick detailer. But if you use a certain type of wax or sealant and not that same product line's QD, it will change the look of the way the vehicle is supposed to look.

If you want to keep it simple, Optimum No-Rinse dilluted to a quick detailer seems to be the most neutral quick detailer. Since it's essentially a rinseless car wash soap, it's not out to give your car its own shine, just clean things up and maintain shinyness.

redg35
02-15-2009, 09:59 AM
The best qd i have ever used is FK425 by Finish Kare.

Ryan
02-15-2009, 11:55 AM
The best qd i have ever used is FK425 by Finish Kare.

:iagree: Amazing stuff

Rsurfer
02-15-2009, 04:44 PM
The best qd i have ever used is FK425 by Finish Kare.:iagree::whs::righton:

Surfer
02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
I see only one product AG actually offers .... but most are similar IMO. Other than spray sealants and spray waxes, I group all others in qder+ products or detail sprays. Each offer some additional gloss to amp up a surface between waxes.

Quick Detailer -- Spot Cleaning Only
Qder + --- gloss additives, detailing spray best used after washing or while drying
Spray Wax/Sealants -- booster products for LSPAgree with Scott, today there are too many variations of a qd'er. Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine is a nice offering.

I look at this way:
QD'er : something like the Megs Detailer in red bottle that is just use for spot cleaning or claying, adds nothing.
Qd'er+ : soemthing like DG Fast Clean and Shine that add's a bit of oomph
Qd'er++ : something like DG AquaWax that is not really a qd'er in the sense of using it to clean etc, but is quick and easy to use and can be used as a standalone or booster as it's fairly durable.

sal329
02-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I use FK 425 as a final wipe on cars. After a wash I like to use Opt Car Wax

dervdave
02-16-2009, 10:58 AM
My picks are:

- Optimum No-Rinse Wash for a quick detailer and clay lube
- Optimum Instant Detail & Gloss Enhancer for topping sealants
- Optimum Spray Wax for topping carnauba coats

As this fella said plus Optimum Opti-Seal on top :righton:
No need for anything else because these products are the BEST