PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion wax and black trim

Pages : [1] 2

Dallas 1098
02-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Just got my Fuzion and want to use it this weekend. A few questions....

Apply with FLEX and pad?

Will Fuzion leave chalky residue on black trim and such?

Thanks for any info,

Jeff

ScottB
02-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I would apply by hand personally, its quite easy. It should not leave white marks as a pure wax but I would not intentionally wax all trim with carnauba personally. Its up to you ...

Dallas 1098
02-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Excellent, Thank you.

loudog2
02-13-2009, 10:19 PM
It will take you longer to wax by flex, than by hand. With clean-up, pad changing, bonnet changing and storage.

orionz06
02-14-2009, 10:28 AM
do fuzion by hand to appreciate its goodness...

HighEndDetail
02-14-2009, 10:40 AM
I would apply by hand personally, its quite easy. It should not leave white marks as a pure wax but I would not intentionally wax all trim with carnauba personally. Its up to you ...

I would also say by hand, to apply. And I didn't have any problems on the trim. Since I put it on it on purpose, just to see what would happen. Luckily nothing happened. Since it was a ferrari I did it on.:D

Dallas 1098
02-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Ed,
Braver man than I am... Thanks everyone for the replies. Now off to wash and Fuzion.

08 300C
02-14-2009, 11:09 PM
I got some on my Satellite/GPS/Radio Antenna and it DID leave white marks. I read to try Souveran-no help, Peanut Butter-no help, then Wax Blaster again no help. Guess I’ll have to live with it?

Blackthorn One
03-26-2009, 03:49 PM
I got some on my Satellite/GPS/Radio Antenna and it DID leave white marks. I read to try Souveran-no help, Peanut Butter-no help, then Wax Blaster again no help. Guess I’ll have to live with it?
I've never used that product before, but I've found that using the same cleaner wax that is too dried to get off easily can easily remove dried on wax. The same solvents that keep the wax soft in the container can dissolve the dried on wax on the car. You need to use small amounts and wipe it off immediately after you loosen the dried on wax. If the wax was dried on and you cant get it off this MIGHT work. I apologize in advance if this suggestion does not work for this product.

budman3
03-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I haven't used an easier LSP than Fuzion. I am simply amazed at its performance. You don't even have to look at the paint to know if you covered an area or not ... you can go by feel - the slickness is amazing and lets you know where you've waxed and where you haven't. It's amazing. Wipe on ... wipe off...

ScottB
03-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I haven't used an easier LSP than Fuzion. I am simply amazed at its performance. You don't even have to look at the paint to know if you covered an area or not ... you can go by feel - the slickness is amazing and lets you know where you've waxed and where you haven't. It's amazing. Wipe on ... wipe off...

:iagree::whs::iagree:

08 300C
03-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I've never used that product before, but I've found that using the same cleaner wax that is too dried to get off easily can easily remove dried on wax. The same solvents that keep the wax soft in the container can dissolve the dried on wax on the car. You need to use small amounts and wipe it off immediately after you loosen the dried on wax. If the wax was dried on and you cant get it off this MIGHT work. I apologize in advance if this suggestion does not work for this product.

Thanks, I will give it a try, never even thought of that.

img
03-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Fuzion by hand is the best. Noticed you said "off to wash then Fuzion" .
Hopefully you're doing the wash with the Tornador foamer.

OGauge4Me
05-05-2009, 06:58 AM
When you say wax by hand do you mean with a foam or cloth pad or with your bare hand?

bcwang
05-19-2009, 12:43 AM

I don't know why but I'm having trouble getting any slickness out of my fuzion. I mean, yeah, it's probably slicker than bare paint. But it feels much less slick than 6 of my other products. I don't know if I'm not letting it set up long enough or too long, putting it on too thick or too thin, or wiping it off too clean, but at this point I don't even know if I have a layer on still from how non-slick it is. I still have to wait for an actual rain before I can judge the beading.

Do you guys judge slickness by running your finger across the paint or with a microfiber? Maybe it's just not compatible with my finger swipe test =)