PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Glazes with Fillers

Waxmax
02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
First off, I've never had much success with glazes and their filling ability. Black Hole Glaze and Amigo seem to help hide swirls alittle (maybe).

I have 2 questions:

1. Do any of you use glazes with fillers that seem to work?...or do you just try correct as much of the defects as possible by polishing?

2. Some of the glazes (like Black Hole and even WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer) say they have cleaners and fillers....wouldn't the cleaner just remove the filler? Not sure how they work.

Thanks for any comments.

Jimmie
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey Waxmax
1. I always correct as much as I can by polishing. I also think that I'm in the minority group by not minding a little filling. Sort of the mindset that if it happens, it happens, but I'm not looking for it. I use a glaze to amp up the wet look.
2. With you on this one. Can't wrap my mind around that not happening.

dublifecrisis
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
This week is the week to talk about glazes. There's been some good discussions in fact.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-13-2009, 11:45 AM
First off, I've never had much success with glazes and their filling ability. Black Hole Glaze and Amigo seem to help hide swirls alittle (maybe).

I have 2 questions:

1. Do any of you use glazes with fillers that seem to work?...or do you just try correct as much of the defects as possible by polishing?

2. Some of the glazes (like Black Hole and even WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer) say they have cleaners and fillers....wouldn't the cleaner just remove the filler? Not sure how they work.

Thanks for any comments.

Hey Waxmax. I'm with you on #1, as I correct everything during the compounding stage, that way at the end, a glaze is neither needed, nor would it add anything to a properly corrected paint job.

Waxmax
02-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. Regarding glazes with cleaners and fillers....maybe the fillers are strong enough not to be removed by the cleaner(?) and theoretically help mask slight imperfections....kind of like a wax (or sealant) with mild cleaners can clean and still leave some protection.

ScottB
02-13-2009, 09:48 PM
I have seen/had nice results with Megs #7 and seems to offer light filling. Red Moose Glaze was another ...

orionz06
02-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I have seen/had nice results with Megs #7 and seems to offer light filling. Red Moose Glaze was another ...
for the longest time i had thought #7 was terrible, but i learned it wasnt doing anything on the car i just buffed...

on a car that is swirled, there are some benefits..

ScottB
02-14-2009, 04:09 PM
the only reason a glaze "might" be used on a polished or well prepped surface is for additional wetness before your carnauba of choice. With modern very wet looking waxes (Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Dodo, P21S) I dont see any benefit or need.

orionz06
02-14-2009, 05:37 PM
the only reason a glaze "might" be used on a polished or well prepped surface is for additional wetness before your carnauba of choice. With modern very wet looking waxes (Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Dodo, P21S) I dont see any benefit or need.

even other waxes that arent as highly regarded dont benefit much if the surface is good...