PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a darker metallic red?

Matt94GT
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I currently use Clear Kote, VM, RMG, and their Moose Carnuba and like it a lot, I just want to try somthing diffrent. I havent researched products in a few years.

I did a search and came across people suggesting Orange Crush or Banana Armour. Thing is this seems that its better for a bright red by the description? I like the deep, wet, glossy look.

Here is my paint color, these pics are after a detail with Clear Kote products:

http://matt94gt.googlepages.com/waxed.jpg/waxed-full.jpg
http://matt94gt.googlepages.com/waxed5.jpg/waxed5-full.jpg

Paint is Ford's Laser Red.

Thanks in advance,
Matt :cheers:

Rsurfer
02-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Have you tried Souveran?

Rsurfer
02-12-2009, 10:28 PM
BTW nice ride Matt

calhoun1
02-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Isn't Fuzion as well good for pretty much any color?

AudiTTman
02-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I agree with everyone above me. Now for me (since i bought this wax im gonna throw it in there haha) I think if you dont wanna pay as much for Fuzion of Sov, i would go with Pinnacle Sig Series II- boy does it smell good. Better than any women on earth for that matter haha

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey man, I have a color very close to that and you can use a sealant like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, or Poorboys Natty's Paste Blue. Natty's looks great on darker colors.

Matt94GT
02-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah sorry im out of work I cant afford those real expencive wax's.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Natty's is only $20 here on AG.

Matt94GT
02-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I was commenting about the others.

Thanks!

Also
I think the lack of work, sending out a tonne of resumes and making way too many phone calls have gone to my head, I seriously cannot think.

Ok I want to detail my stang again but I just want to make sure I got my products in the right order and right pads...I have a porter cable with Lake Country pads.

Orange Pad = Minor Cutting
White Pad = Polishing
Black Pad = Finishing

1. Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze (minor swirl remover) - White Pad
2. Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze (glaze) - Black Pad
3. Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax - Black Pad

Should I let any of the products cure for 24hrs before applying another? Stang is parked anyways I just want to keep my self busy.

Thanks

detail viking
02-13-2009, 01:49 AM
I love the look of the RMG. Can't wait to try it someday. I would try a few layers of Klasse SG and some Natty's Blue. Or either one alone if your trying to cut costs.

Jimmie
02-13-2009, 03:30 AM
I was commenting about the others.

Thanks!

Also
I think the lack of work, sending out a tonne of resumes and making way too many phone calls have gone to my head, I seriously cannot think.

Ok I want to detail my stang again but I just want to make sure I got my products in the right order and right pads...I have a porter cable with Lake Country pads.

Orange Pad = Minor Cutting
White Pad = Polishing
Black Pad = Finishing

1. Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze (minor swirl remover) - White Pad
2. Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze (glaze) - Black Pad
3. Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax - Black Pad

Should I let any of the products cure for 24hrs before applying another? Stang is parked anyways I just want to keep my self busy.

Thanks
Your paint looks great. I use RMG and pink Moose and never wait for a cure before appying a nuba. My wife's car has RMG and Souveran from the last detail. A winning combo.

ScottB
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
RMG and Souveran Paste ... never seen anything wetter to date. Fuzion by itself is quite wet also.

Matt94GT
02-15-2009, 12:34 AM
so i got the application order correct? does letting it cure help at all my car is parked so no rush.

thanks