PDA

View Full Version : compounds and glazes

jamores23
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
How is menzerna powerfinish, Final polish, And power gloss? Is power finish a 1 step? how about final polish is that a one step also? how about power gloss? I HAVE SIP, NANO, and PO85RD. but I hate doing a 3 step process takes two long!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
You could do only SIP/Nano as a two step product. Power Gloss is very aggressive. Just make sure to finish off with Nano and a blue or red pad and your finish should be perfect if you did the compounding (correcting) step correct.

jamores23
02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
how would it be done correct?

charliehaley
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Power gloss=strong compound and will need a finer polish afterwards
Power finish=all in one one step polish
Final polish=polish used to remove slight imperfections and after compounding

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
You really can't use Power Finish as a one step polish because it will need to be followed up with a finishing polish and pad such as Nano and a blue pad. To be done correctly, go over the blemishes with SIP and a white pad. If the blemishes are still there, go back over it with SIP and an orange pad, then back over it with a white pad, finally stepping down to your finish polish and pad. If the swirls/blemishes are very slight, you could get away with using a one step product such as Nano and a green pad. There's really no "short cut" to paint correction.

jamores23
02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
ok so one guy tells me power finish is a AIO polish and the other tells me i still need SIP and nano which just made it a 3 step again. Any other recc. on polishes and why? What about a glaze whats a good glaze to get for dark colored cars and a light color car?

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-10-2009, 06:05 PM
ok so one guy tells me power finish is a AIO polish and the other tells me i still need SIP and nano which just made it a 3 step again. Any other recc. on polishes and why? What about a glaze whats a good glaze to get for dark colored cars and a light color car?

Powerfinish should be followed up with a finishing polish and pad. Scholls makes very nice polishes, then the only polishes that 3M that are decent is the Extra-cut Compound and Ultrafina finishing polish. If you polish the vehicle correctly glaze is not needed.