PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 105 & P21S Concours-Look Wax

ajc347
02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Has anybody got any experience of using these two products together (i.e. 105 followed by the P21S wax).

If so, would the P21S wax increase the protection offered by the 105 or would the combination decrease overall protection.

I'm aware that I'd need to to-up the P21S layer every four weeks or so and would intend to add a layer of DG Aquawax first.

Any comments would be gratefully recieved.

Andy

blas
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I dont think P21S will increase the duragloss protection.. why? in my opinion duragloss offer a better protection than P21S compared side by side from the first day.. Duragloss resist more the waterspots than P21S.. i think P21S will increase the beauty look, but not durability.

but they will be a nice combination (DG protection + P21S look).. i think ill try it

ScottB
02-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Duragloss is a sealant and will offer durability and a nice gloss factor. I have not found a sealant to date that can match the wetness , and depth a carnauba wax offers and the newer 100% P21S is quite nice looking. It sounds like a nice combo ....remember to provide pics and thoughts once done.

akimel
02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Andy, I emailed DuraGloss this question a couple of months ago, and they told me that using a carnauba wax over 105 would diminish its durability.

For me personally, durability during the spring/summer/fall months is relatively unimportant. I want to re-wax every two months regardless. I honestly do not see much point to applying a carnauba wax over a sealant. If durability is what is most important to me, then I should stick to a synthetic sealant, and if I prefer the look of a carnauba, I should stick to a carnauba wax. But everyone has a different opinion on this question. I don't object to the topping of a sealant with a carnauba. I just don't see the point of it. Is it really so hard to apply a new coat of wax very 4 to 6 weeks? Is God giving me extra detailing points if I stretch it out to 12 weeks?

blas
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Duragloss is a sealant and will offer durability and a nice gloss factor. I have not found a sealant to date that can match the wetness

this comment remind me when i underestimate duragloss products for the cheap price and OTC availability (thought they are crap products) and 2 weeks ago i ordered from AutoGeek like 9 duragloss products, then i used 501 -> 601 -> 105 and when i saw the results i felt astonished :O without words.. Now from this moment im a loyal Duragloss Products fan. all the products adquired worth the money.:righton: i think ill buy the whole line soon. :D

btw.. im a P21S user.. thats why i made an opinion

nitro78
02-09-2009, 09:28 PM
i have 105 topped with collinite insulator wax and it is close to the best look ive had on my vehicle. ive never topped 105 with anything else however.

dublifecrisis
02-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I've been on the fence lately regarding naubas, I don't know what it is. Even on dark colors, for some reason I like the look of a good sealant better. Maybe it's just the metallic blacks?

what the heck is wrong with me?!?!

and sorry, I don't have experience with this combo but I have topped 105 on white paint and I'm not sure the gloss was a whole lot better.

ajc347
02-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the informative responses guys.

I'm unsure as to why using a carnauba wax over 105 would diminish its durability given that it has been used over other sealants (i.e. Klasse SG, Jetseal 109 etc) without issue for a number of years, according to searches on this & other forums.

Any thoughts?

sal329
02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I have topped 111 with P21 100% and I like the look a lot. I am sure 105 topped with P21 will look great as well. On some cars I like to top a sealant with a carnauba I think it adds a lil warmer look.

blas
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
i have 105 topped with collinite insulator wax and it is close to the best look ive had on my vehicle. ive never topped 105 with anything else however.

nice to know ur car is bulletproof (dg + collinite) lol

what color is your car?

but... i think the solvents of collinite will remove DG layer..

akimel
02-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm unsure as to why using a carnauba wax over 105 would diminish its durability given that it has been used over other sealants (i.e. Klasse SG, Jetseal 109 etc) without issue for a number of years, according to searches on this & other forums.

Unfortunately, Mr William Bailey of Duragloss did not provide an explanation why a carnauba wax would diminish the durability of DG 105. He simply stated that it would: "a wax of any type will compromise the performance of #105." I have to presume that the president of the company knows his products better than the rest of us. :) I have to admit that his email comment has made me wonder about the wisdom of mixing synthetic sealants and carnauba waxes. But maybe it doesn't really matter. At least during the non-winter months, how long do we really want to go before waxing again?

nitro78
02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
nice to know ur car is bulletproof (dg + collinite) lol

what color is your car?

but... i think the solvents of collinite will remove DG layer..

black
perhaps iw did remove some 105 but she is still beading hard. i dunno.

Surfer
02-10-2009, 06:33 PM
105 is my favorite sealant, and love AW. I honestly haven't used any of my waxes in a long time as I don't have much free time anymore, AW is just to easy to use and looks excellent.