PDA

View Full Version : My first job on my Jeep.....

Harrison
02-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Well, I tried out my new Cyclo this weekend. It did everything I wanted it to do. I was pretty happy with the job since it was my first time Clay Barring an entire vehicle and using a Polisher period. Sorry for the link but I didn't feel like posting all 70 or so photos again. Hope you guys dig it from an amatuer. Thanks AutoGeek for the Cyclo and pads!!!!

17 hours of Paint Correction done! (WARNING... It's long and lots of pictures) - Cherokee SRT8 Forum (http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24393)

redboost10
02-09-2009, 12:09 AM
good looking jeep. quick as well.

what did you use on the rims?

Harrison
02-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Just soap and water. I used Megs Gold Class Wash. I don't use any chemicals on my rims. They actually weren't really clean yet. They had water spots all over them. I cleaned them after the pictures and used Gloss-It Gloss Enhancer Quick Detailer and they look fantastic. I'll post some more pictures when I finish the inside. Gotta get a steam cleaner tomorrow.

Vortech Kit coming soon...... should be low to mid 11's.

redboost10
02-09-2009, 12:18 AM
yeah, there is one here locally with that kit running 11.60's.

definately cool when you can say you have a 11 sec suv

Harrison
02-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Where are you in Cali and is it Silver? There are only a few Vortech Jeeps running around. Kit JUST got released.

redboost10
02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
hhmm, is there another kit out already?

im over here in oregon, this one is dark red. just saw him running consistent 11.50-11.60. this was last october. i had never seen the rig before, usually its the same cars out there every weekend so this jeep kinda stood out.

Harrison
02-09-2009, 12:38 AM
It must have been either a ASM or GSM kit. Vortech just released their Factory kit. The others just use a Vortech S/C. The Vortech kit smokes the others. Vortech used my buddies Jeep to do fitment for the 08's..... he has a BONE STOCK Jeep SRT8..... well, he does have a Borla Cat-Back..... and ran 11.57. That's SICK for just a bolt on S/C kit. Crazy!

redboost10
02-09-2009, 12:43 AM
aahh, ok i just saw the vortech label and thought "that didn't take long to get those in the 11's" haha. it was definately impressive. he wasn't even running dr's or slicks, just his original 20" rims and tires or whatever huge rims those jeeps come with. it caught my eye for sure. im not sure what all he had done to it other than the s/c package.

you will have to keep us up-to-date on that progress of yours

Harrison
02-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I will.... just gotta get the kit first!! My buddy has a single turbo from Stage 6 Motorsports here in town and he ran an 11.41 with a horrible tune. He just re-tuned it and we're hoping for 10.90's at a Jeep Meet in March. Can't wait. I will defintely document the build up. My kids school gets all my money now dangit!!