View Full Version : Cleaning up the Car at a Show?

Pages : [1] 2

Got Boost?
02-07-2009, 09:28 PM
So, I figured I would ask you guys a question I've been pondering myself for a little while. This March I will be competing in a show at the season opener for the NMRA Ford Nationals. Problem is, I have to drive my car to the show. Will be about 60 miles or so on the interstate. I'll have a front mask on the car and tape up the areas around the wheels during the commute, but once I arrive at the show I want to clean the car up from the road. What would be the safest way to go about doing this, and with what products? I dont want to mar the #### out of my paint if I can avoid it, but the car needs to look as best it can.

loudog2
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Do you have access to a hose? If not use ONR, dry and QD.

Got Boost?
02-07-2009, 09:42 PM

No, its going to be at a Drag-Strip. I was thinking about ONR - but i wasnt sure if it was something i wanted to get into out there. The show is normally parked in grass/dirt area. Maybe stopping in a parking lot just before the strip and ONR'ing it, then driving that last mile to the track and parking in the show area and QD'ing it and putting the final "touches" on it.

Streetlife
02-08-2009, 09:36 AM

:whs:, but add Surf City Garage Speed Demon as your LSP (last step product), before the show begins.:D

Larry A
02-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Poorboys Spray and Wipe and D.G. Aquawax or Meguiars UQD .This should be all you need . Maybe through in some tire dressing.

gewb
02-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I would use DP 4-In-1 and your choice of QD. Premix 3 quarts of distilled water with the DP, take along a dozen clean MF towels and do the cleaning after you are parked in your designated slot (the area could be dusty, especially if driving a dirt lane or across a grass field).

Be sure to put your supplies in an AG detailer's bag and display it with pride. :D:D:D

:autowash: Then be ready to have a small crowd around you as you wash and dry your ride.

Regards,
GEWB

Jimmie
02-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Another for PB Spray and Wipe, and QD/spray wax of your choice. The PB S & W is a true waterless wash.

BenzDetailer
02-08-2009, 02:17 PM
If its a meaningfull show for you and you want your car to look its best. Find the closest DIY Carwash and get there as early as possible, then using your own supplies and their water and several quarters do it the right way. Then drive the remaining few miles to the show and do a touchup once its parked in posistion.

Rsurfer
02-08-2009, 03:03 PM
ONR (QD strength) and a final wipe down with Z8.

Got Boost?
02-08-2009, 03:35 PM
If its a meaningfull show for you and you want your car to look its best. Find the closest DIY Carwash and get there as early as possible, then using your own supplies and their water and several quarters do it the right way. Then drive the remaining few miles to the show and do a touchup once its parked in posistion.

Yes, I would consider it pretty meaningful. Definitely my biggest show of the year. Its the season opener for a national show.

nrengle
02-08-2009, 03:41 PM
At a minimum I would do a ONR wash (get a couple of gallons of distilled water at Walmart, or some place like that), take a couple of buckets, some wash mitts, MF towels, glass cleaner, tire shine, and a QD or Spray Wax of your choice. Or if you have the time, a WOWA sealant like Opti-seal.

Got Boost?
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I plan to take all day Thursday detailing the car. Wash, Clay, Hit it with SSR, Glaze it, and Wax it. Then friday I will drive up there to watch the qualifying for the races. Then Sat and Sun I will be Showing.

julian
02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
good thing it's not love bug season :D
Good Luck with the show...

Showroom Shine
02-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Great response and correct! :whs:

02zx9r
02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
any pictures of the car??