PDA

View Full Version : Topping Zaino

Pages : [1] 2

OGauge4Me
02-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Has anyone topped Zaino with a wax and are you happy with the results?

I took advantage of the Fuzion special and was wondering if there are any benifits to topping Zaino with a wax?

This is a pic of my family car with Zaino applied.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/OGaugeTrains/2008%20Car%20pics/DSCN0363.jpg

crash93ssei
02-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Tom, that pic does your car no justice!! The gloss and depth on that car is increadible, I have seen it in person a few times :D

CharlesW
02-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Absolutely don't do it!!!!
Send the Fuzion to me so you aren't tempted to try it. :D

Seriously.
If you have the Fuzion, I would most certainly use it.
The only possible drawback I can think of is that when you want to apply more Zaino, the wax will need to be removed for the Zaino to bond properly.
From what I have read about the look of Fuzion, you may never touch the Zaino again. :)

OGauge4Me
02-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Absolutely don't do it!!!!
Send the Fuzion to me so you aren't tempted to try it. :D

Seriously.
If you have the Fuzion, I would most certainly use it.
The only possible drawback I can think of is that when you want to apply more Zaino, the wax will need to be removed for the Zaino to bond properly.
From what I have read about the look of Fuzion, you may never touch the Zaino again. :)

I tend to think that may happen.

I might wait till it is warmer and do half the hood before I polish in the spring. I took a nasty mark to the hood that will need to be polished out.

Ryan is this pic better?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/OGaugeTrains/DSCN4863.jpg

crash93ssei
02-07-2009, 10:29 AM
That is getting there:cheers:

ScottB
02-07-2009, 10:46 AM
more than several on the corvetteforum use Souveran over Zaino with nice results, just dont tell the Zaino crowd as you might be stoned.

OGauge4Me
02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
more than several on the corvetteforum use Souveran over Zaino with nice results, just dont tell the Zaino crowd as you might be stoned.

I thought about that. LOL I have been using Zaino for about 7 years now as well as some other product on the family van.

I may have to check out a Vette forum or two.

Emile
02-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I actually recently did my G35 Coupe with a coat of Zaino Z-AIO and then topped it with a coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Zaino made the black nice and bright and shiny, and the DGPS gave the paint really nice depth and slickness. Overall I think the car came out looking great and I would like to continue this combination in the future.

I would take some pictures for you but the G35C is really dirty right now after driving around 320 miles over the past two days here in NJ winters.

OGauge4Me
02-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Emile:
Thank you for the reply. This is what I was hoping would happen. I will probably do half the hood and see what it looks like in the sunlight.

I cannot wait for spring to get here. Today was almost 60 so I did manage to wash the Bonneville but not the van. Tomorrow is the DC auto show and I should be able to squeeze in a washing for the family van.

nitro78
02-07-2009, 05:35 PM
my two wax picks for a zaino topper are p21s 100% and dodo supernatural as both of the waxes have a more glossy look imo. however i would not hesitate to put on fuzion.

sal329
02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
No harm in trying. Im not sure if Fuzion would be my topper of choice though. I would say Souveran, Lusso Oro or P21S 100% as a topper. In the summer try using the Fuzion by itself and see how you like that compared to Zaino.

OGauge4Me
02-10-2009, 05:47 AM
I also have some P21s so I think I will do 1/2 the hood with Fuzion and the other 1/2 with P21s and see which one I like the best.

CharlesW
02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I also have some P21s so I think I will do 1/2 the hood with Fuzion and the other 1/2 with P21s and see which one I like the best.Sounds like a terrific idea. :applause: (I would use a thumbs up, but I didn't see one.)

A couple of thoughts.
1. Is your P21S the original P21S Concours or the new P21S 100%?
2. Can you get someone else to make a comparison without them knowing which area has which wax?

nitro78
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a terrific idea. :applause: (I would use a thumbs up, but I didn't see one.)

A couple of thoughts.
1. Is your P21S the original P21S Concours or the new P21S 100%?
2. Can you get someone else to make a comparison without them knowing which area has which wax?

good post. brand recognition can sway results. " which do you prefer side A or side B" is a truer test.

DiPaoro
02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
I have tons of Zaino...and just put in the order for 2/1 Fusion....when the weather improves, I'll let everyone know my thoughts.

I have used the old P21S over Zaino, was not impressed. Just my two cents.