comparing Souveran, Signature Series II, Natty's Blue
and Max Wax. Again forgive my pics, it's the best I
could do. I think my paint is too light a color to
really do justice to the test. I'll be detailing a
black VW bug in September so I can re-do the test then
if you guys want. But for now, here's my car with the
4 waxes on them. There are no glazes or sealants or
anything else that would effect the outcome of this
test, it's one coat each of each wax and that's it.
From your perspective when viewing these pics the
quadrant that is furthest away from you on the
lefthand side is the Souveran, furthest away from you
on your righthand side is Signature Series II, closest
to you on your lefthand side is Natty's Blue, and
closest to you on your right hand side is Max Wax.
Sorry my pics aren't better. Souveran is the one
that seems to stand out the most where the leaves look
more detailed and on the Natty's side they look more
cloudy or milky, but all in all I think all 4 of these
are excellent waxes. If you want me to re-do the test
on the black car next month I will, but the results
will then be on top of a sealant so it will be
different. Oh BTW, the pics are taken in the same
location obviously but at different times of the day
so that the lighting wouldn't be a factor. I took
other pics but they didn't come out. :(

GearHead_1
08-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Where's the babe in the reflection? :)

FloridaNative
08-20-2006, 07:57 PM
hahahahahahaha This was a wax test only. lol I had enought trouble just getting that stupid tree in focus!! I'm such a friggin retard when it comes to pictures! :eek: I took shots from the other side but none of them came out. They were all dark and you couldn't see any details. :(

wytstang
08-20-2006, 08:06 PM
FL learn to take pics here (everything you need to know)
http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/home.html

FloridaNative
08-20-2006, 08:08 PM
FL learn to take pics here (everything you need to know)
http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/home.html

LOL thanks!! I added it to my favorites. :)

Reddwarf
08-20-2006, 08:11 PM
So FN, what's your semi professional opinion? It sounds like you are saying the Souvren is the most reflective. I'm interested to know your thoughts of performance vs. cost. Also, did you find any difference in the application of the four?

ZaneO
08-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't see any differences from the pictures.

FloridaNative
08-20-2006, 08:18 PM
So FN, what's your semi professional opinion? It sounds like you are saying the Souvren is the most reflective. I'm interested to know your thoughts of performance vs. cost. Also, did you find any difference in the application of the four?

From my own personal observations Souveran outshined the others. Max Wax and Signature Series II looked very similar and Natty's was nice and reflective, but the reflections were not as crisp as the ones with Souveran. As far as application goes, max wax, sig series II and Souveran you all wipe off as soon as you put them on WOWO. Only with the Natty's did I wate for a haze. Like I said, my car is probably too light in color for a test like this since dark color paint really shows depth more clearly. I can re-do it on the black VW bug I'll be doing next month, but in that case it would be over a sealant. Let me know if you guys want me to re-do it.

GearHead_1
08-20-2006, 08:23 PM
I heard that AG was buying new Digital Nikon's for all members of their moderating staff. You should have one of these in hand by the time you do that next detail you have lined up.:grouphug: (this is the rumor mill getting together)

abrcrombe
08-20-2006, 09:21 PM
D200 with the 18-200 VR lens?!!? Oh man, I want to be a moderator!! LOL :) Good test Jen, so you like the Souveran the best, good to know since that is my weapon of choice!

bluzman
08-20-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't see any differences from the pictures.

Ditto for me! How about a pic from the front?

ewiesner
08-20-2006, 10:36 PM
So with Souveran you should only do a panel at a time? Applied with a MF applicator and then removed with a MF towel right away...it this correct?

NorahCRV
08-21-2006, 12:22 AM
. . . Like I said, my car is probably too light in color for a test like this since dark color paint really shows depth more clearly. . .
Jen,
Like you, I did a test on my hood today, Natty's on one side, Souveran on the other & left the center with just AquaWax - I couldn't see a difference on the beige - maybe we're just going to have to trade in these practical light coloured SUV's in for black C6's!! :awesome:
Thanks for trying to capture the difference in the pics - it does look great & when you get that new standard issue Nikon D200, I'm sure you'll have a much easier time of showing the reflections, depth, etc.! ;)

ScottB
08-21-2006, 06:47 AM
So with Souveran you should only do a panel at a time? Applied with a MF applicator and then removed with a MF towel right away...it this correct?

WOWO --- wipe on and wipe off immediately while still damp. Comes off like butter and looks like a million bucks. (Souveran paste)

FloridaNative
08-21-2006, 06:57 AM
I heard that AG was buying new Digital Nikon's for all members of their moderating staff. You should have one of these in hand by the time you do that next detail you have lined up.:grouphug: (this is the rumor mill getting together)

LOL