PDA

View Full Version : strange people

Pages : [1] 2

pampos
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Something strange happened today...A third person told me that some of my customers were complaining about my prices,but they are more than 100% happy with the results....The most strange is that ALL OF THEM are super car owners,and they asked for the job without asking how much it will cost....My mistake that i didn't tell them how much it will cost,but i they supposed to knew what i am doing and what my prices are....I have a price list there for every one to check my prices....That third person suggest me to use an AIO product and some wax because they are not appreciate my job,and to have the full correction as an extra job....The huge problem is that they were comparing my prices with other ''detailer's'' cheap job and prices....
Is that happened to any one else before or it is another ONLY IN CYPRUS thing??
What do you suggest me to do??
Also according on what have you seen until now from me,what do you think ids a fare price to charge??
Thanks guys....

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Educating your customers is the key....

You must clearly educate and demonstrate the differences between what you provide vs what your competion provides.

I speak in man hours when quoting a job, people often do not understand the amount of hours it takes to achieve such results... Then after the man hours I tell them my hourly rate.

If they mention price or say "I can get it for $X down the road" I tell them once and only once the differences in what I provide. If they mention price again I respectfully decline their business and tell them that I think they will be pefectly happy with the "guy down the road"

pampos
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Educating your customers is the key....

You must clearly educate and demonstrate the differences between what you provide vs what your competion provides.

I speak in man hours when quoting a job, people often do not understand the amount of hours it takes to achieve such results... Then after the man hours I tell them my hourly rate.

If the mention price or say "I can get it for down the road" I tell them once and only once the differences in what I provide. If they mention price again I respectfully decline their business and tell them that I think they will be more than happy with the "guy down the road"
i will hang a couple of hoods...A cheap job result and an expensive job one :D:D:D
The problem is that they left their car to the mechanic for service and then they calling and said just do my car.....Nothing more nothing else....

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
The problem is that they left their car to the mechanic for service and then they calling and said just do my car.....Nothing more nothing else....

You still must educate the customer...

When I get a call from a prospect I always go in depth about my process and research and exactly what I plan to do... If nothing else by the end of the conversation they see I am passionate and knowledgable about what I do... More than can be said for Joe Blow down the road

pampos
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM

When I get a call from a prospect I always go in depth about my process and research and exactly what I plan to do... If nothing else by the end of the conversation they see I am passionate and knowledgable about what I do... More than can be said for Joe Blow down the road
The problem is that i don't have the chance to discuss with them...They just said to the mechanic to tell me to detail it....(we are located on the same building)...MY customers that they have nothing to do with the rest of people there are more than happy because i have the opportunity to explain to them everything and they are not complaining about anything....

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
The problem is that i don't have the chance to discuss with them...They just said to the mechanic to tell me to detail it....(we are located on the same building)...MY customers that they have nothing to do with the rest of people there are more than happy because i have the opportunity to explain to them everything and they are not complaining about anything....

Explain to them when they pick it up or if that is not possible create a detailed list of what you did, why and what the competition would do and leave it in the car...

You must find a way to educate the customer... that is key when in the upper "niche" area of this business

pampos
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Explain to them when they pick it up or if that is not possible create a detailed list of what you did, why and what the competition would do and leave it in the car...

You must find a way to educate the customer... that is key when in the upper "niche" area of this business
The strange thing is that they never told to anything...I can imagine that they maybe are not happy with the results,but i could never imagine that they will be more than 100% happy with the results but unhappy with the price....

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
The strange thing is that they never told to anything...I can imagine that they maybe are not happy with the results,but i could never imagine that they will be more than 100% happy with the results but unhappy with the price....

I don’t understand....

It's really simple, you need to educate the customer on what you do and the differences between you and the competition. You MUST accomplish this by whatever means necessary. If after you do this they are still not satisfied with your services relative to the cost they pay, they are not customers you would want to include in your target audience (at least not in my business model)

If you don't know EXACTLY what the differences are you should take that as your homework. Before I started detailing for $, I went into the main shops in my area, I acted as if I was a potential customer, I asked for a tour of their shop, I asked what products they used, how long it took them from start to finish etc etc.. From all my visits I was then able to determine my approach..

Some choose to undercut the price of the competition as their marketing strategy, I choose to surpass the quality. I am the most expensive detailer that I know of in my area and I am ok with that... so are my customers..

I tell my customers right off the bat that of they are looking for the cheapest guy, I am not the one for them....

pampos
02-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I don’t understand....

It's really simple, you need to educate the customer on what you do and the differences between you and the competition. You MUST accomplish this by whatever means necessary. If after you do this they are still not satisfied with your services relative to the cost they pay, they are not customers you would want to include in your target audience (at least not in my business model)

If you don't know EXACTLY what the differences are you should take that as your homework. Before I started detailing for $, I went into the main shops in my area, I acted as if I was a potential customer, I asked for a tour of their shop, I asked what products they used, how long it took them from start to finish etc etc.. From all my visits I was then able to determine my approach..

Some choose to undercut the price of the competition as their marketing strategy, I choose to surpass the quality. I am the most expensive detailer that I know of in my area and I am ok with that... so are my customers..

I tell my customers right off the bat that of they are looking for the cheapest guy, I am not the one for them....
Yes it very very strange....Thanks mate for the advices...As you said i have to educate my customers and i would never take a customer again without let him know the price before....
Thanks again mate for everything

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes it very very strange....Thanks mate for the advices...As you said i have to educate my customers and i would never take a customer again without let him know the price before....
Thanks again mate for everything

You are welcome... good luck

pampos
02-06-2009, 01:01 PM
You are welcome... good luck
Thanks again mate :cheers:

67Customs
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Hang a hood that has your job done on half and on the other half run a rotary with a heavy cut polish and a wool pad over it. Make sure there is a good light on it. Say this side is what you get for my price and this side is what you get for their price. Which do you prefer?

pampos
02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Hang a hood that has your job done on half and on the other half run a rotary with a heavy cut polish and a wool pad over it. Make sure there is a good light on it. Say this side is what you get for my price and this side is what you get for their price. Which do you prefer?
this is what i will do....

Wendell Jarvis
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM

You are right on the money with the above comment......:goodpost:

Huy-Do
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM

I tell my customers right off the bat that if they are looking for the cheapest guy, I am not the one for them....

By far the best qoute of the year right there.