PDA

View Full Version : WG twins?

drastic_detail
02-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Tsr,fg, Anyone ever use em? Any good?

loudog2
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
TSR is basically menzerna IP, with less dust and finishes down a little better. I use this instead of IP. The finishing glaze is not really a glaze, it is the same as menzerna 106FA(finishing polish). They are both good.

Streetlife
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
TSR is basically menzerna IP, with less dust and finishes down a little better. I use this instead of IP. The finishing glaze is not really a glaze, it is the same as menzerna 106FA(finishing polish). They are both good.

What's up loudog2, i thought TSR compared to Menzerna SIP? I Just want to make sure i was told the right thing.

loudog2
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
It's actually more like power finish 203. A little sronger than IP, but not as strong as SIP. It also has the diminishing abrassives like 203. So it finishes down great.

Streetlife
02-06-2009, 05:43 PM
It's actually more like power finish 203. A little sronger than IP, but not as strong as SIP. It also has the diminishing abrassives like 203. So it finishes down great.

I appreciate the clarification loudog2.:cheers:

Bunky
02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
I have used both (3.0) one time so far. I had to use a LC green pad (not AG) with TSR to get much correction. Plan to use it again soon.

Less polish per panel seems to be better, clean the pads occasionally with TSR, and be sure the FG breaks down properly (not oily) to get maximum gloss. It can finish fine for most but I can tell I could get better results with some technique tweaking.

In my first use, I was surprised about the longer working time with a UDM -- longer than I expected compared to some some polishes I have used. On one panel, I saw a hologram (!) later.

ScottB
02-06-2009, 10:56 PM
the 3.0 polishes are indeed nice polishes, and quite similar to SIP and Nano polishes and made by the same company for AG.