PDA

View Full Version : question about Sc Beyond black

imageautodetail
02-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I got a few pints of this a week or so ago and absolutely love it, but I just noticed it says gel and it is very watery, what is the correct consistancy of this product, I know things get a bit strange with the cold transit in a UPS truck

Jimmie
02-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah, very watery light blue color.

AudiTTman
02-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Is beyond black like a color restorer for trims/plastics and moldings??

mikep288
02-05-2009, 11:40 AM
It is good stuff and has grown to become my fav. Have to agree with Jimmie on the color and consistancy.

Audi, we must have posted at the same time. I would have to say no as a restorer. It will freshen those items up, but won't have any long lasting effect. I tend to use it purely as a dressing after cleaning the tires with ARO. The results are a nice deep black tire with a matte finish that usually lasts me around 2-3 weeks during the warmer months.

Meghan
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Definately more like water then a thick gel.

HighEndDetail
02-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Definately more like water then a thick gel.

And my favorite tire shine too.

ScottB
02-05-2009, 06:44 PM
its indeed a water consistency ...

nrengle
02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
It's my favorite matte finish but I find myself using the Wolfgang tire gel more lately.

And it definitely is very watery.

Still haven't found a bad SCG product. Only used the tire dressing, glass cleaner, and soap, but they all work great, and are reasonably priced!

reason_being
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Yup, watery. I'm sure they thought of shipping conditions as well so there's probably nothing wrong with it.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-05-2009, 11:08 PM
As has been stated SC B is NOT a gel and IS thin

SC BB is my absolute favorite dressing and my go to product...

Due to the fact that such a small amount goes such a long way the price difference (higher than other dressings) is offset.

I use a foam applicator, 3 sprays on the applicator for the 1st tire and 2 sprays on the applicator for the rest of the tires 9 sprays total for the entire vehicle... As you can see, this product will last you a long time!

Deep, rich matte look with no sling and fantastic durability for a water based dressing triple a product!