PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Products

Pages : [1] 2

outlander
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
At Christmas I received the Porter Cable for a gift. Since I'am new at using this product I;am a bit confused on which products to purchase to remove the swirls. I have a black 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander. Bought it new. Since then it does have a few swirl marks but not too bad with what I can see. After researching the AutoGeek line of products I;am still going back and forth on which products will do the best job. So far, I'am sold in Pinnacle products. I used there wax and and I love it. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon5.gifFeed back please

ScottB
02-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Personally, I would grab two Menzerna Polishes (SIP and Nano or IP and FP) and then grab some Pinnacle Souveran Paste and Pinnacle Spray Wax. Whatta combo !

Harleyguy
02-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Personally, I would grab two Menzerna Polishes (SIP and Nano or IP and FP) and then grab some Pinnacle Souveran Paste and Pinnacle Spray Wax. Whatta combo !I use that combo also but not able to get great results using my PC had to bump up the the rotary getting better results now just need more time with the rotary but then again using it on the vette, Using the PC on my other rides

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
02-01-2009, 02:54 PM
:whs: Don't waste your time with Pinnacle. I've used them before and didn't get great results. Menzerna SIP/Nano combo is amazing!! You could even get in on the buy one get one free deal with Fuzion.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Just like killr and Harley said, grab some Menz as your polish and some, Souveran paste, paint cleaner, and their body shampoo and you should be set.

TLMitchell
02-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Just like killr and Harley said, grab some Menz as your polish and some, Souveran paste, paint cleaner, and their body shampoo and you should be set.

A month ago I woulda said the same thing, now that I've used the Megs 105/205 combo I expect all my Menz bottles will be gathering dust. Two thumbs up on the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser though... *great* product!

At the risk of being branded a heretic, while Souveran offers the best spray wax I've ever used, the paste is overrated and overpriced, IMO. I converted a couple of long-time Souveran users to 845IW recently. Both said their black cars looked just as incredible and the IW lasted forever compared to Souveran's lack of longevity.

As always, your mileage may vary.

TL

outlander
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks to all for the quick reply. My mind is made up. I will go with the Merzerma products

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
A month ago I woulda said the same thing, now that I've used the Megs 105/205 combo I expect all my Menz bottles will be gathering dust. Two thumbs up on the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser though... *great* product!

At the risk of being branded a heretic, while Souveran offers the best spray wax I've ever used, the paste is overrated and overpriced, IMO. I converted a couple of long-time Souveran users to 845IW recently. Both said their black cars looked just as incredible and the IW lasted forever compared to Souveran's lack of longevity.

As always, your mileage may vary.

TL

I hear you about the Megs, but you are not always going to need something like 105 all the time. Also the Menz gloss level is a little better than 205. If you are looking for something a little quicker than 205 or Ultrafina would be the choice, but if you want the best gloss level Menz is the choice. I am not knocking Megs, I use both 105 and 205, but if I want the best gloss on a vehicle then Menz it is.

Rsurfer
02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I hear you about the Megs, but you are not always going to need something like 105 all the time. Also the Menz gloss level is a little better than 205. If you are looking for something a little quicker than 205 or Ultrafina would be the choice, but if you want the best gloss level Menz is the choice. I am not knocking Megs, I use both 105 and 205, but if I want the best gloss on a vehicle then Menz it is.
I know you are a wax guru, but what's your take on 845IW compared to Souveran or Fuzion taking durability out of the picture. Or, what's your recommendation on a medium priced wax?

trhland
02-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Personally, I would grab two Menzerna Polishes (SIP and Nano or IP and FP) and then grab some Pinnacle Souveran Paste and Pinnacle Spray Wax. Whatta combo !o yessssssssssss

Harleyguy
02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Asphalt Rocket turned me onto Poor Boys Natty blue worth trying for the price .I need to try it on my EX35 to really tell how good it is.Goes on easy and off just as easy

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
I know you are a wax guru, but what's your take on 845IW compared to Souveran or Fuzion taking durability out of the picture. Or, what's your recommendation on a medium priced wax?

Rsurfer for all the waxes I have I have never tried it. I always wax my vehicles often so never really had any need for it. Like they say prep work is 90% of the results. When it is going to be awhile before doing a car like my parents I use Wolfgang's Sealant, my favorite sealant and I am not much for sealants but this stuff just flat out works. If I could get the Ultima to work like you do I might change my mind but that hasn't happened yet.:D

Rsurfer
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Rsurfer for all the waxes I have I have never tried it. I always wax my vehicles often so never really had any need for it. Like they say prep work is 90% of the results. When it is going to be awhile before doing a car like my parents I use Wolfgang's Sealant, my favorite sealant and I am not much for sealants but this stuff just flat out works. If I could get the Ultima to work like you do I might change my mind but that hasn't happened yet.:D
I've used both Wolfgang and UPGP and UPGP has a slight edge in shine, but not much. I like that it's a wowa product. I've applied several waxes over UPGP and they all seem to add a deeper glow, but less of that hard candy shine. UPGP leaves a real reflective shine. I must say that PPCL really impressed me. My next combo will be PPCL and UPGP. I don't know if I will have a bonding issue using UPGP over PPCL as it is rather oily. The picture you see is with Danase wet glaze and UPGP, that seems good, but still experimenting. Maybe PPCL under DWG and top with UPGP.:buffing:

ScottB
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Zaino CS is still the only WOWA sealant I can use without any streaking. Ultima and Optiseal just seem to be more finicky. I did not find the durability of Ultima all that wonderful as slickness dropped off rather quickly. Any thoughts ??

Rsurfer
02-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Zaino CS is still the only WOWA sealant I can use without any streaking. Ultima and Optiseal just seem to be more finicky. I did not find the durability of Ultima all that wonderful as slickness dropped off rather quickly. Any thoughts ??Killr, I put so many coats of UPGP that the slickness was still there after about 6 weeks. I don't know if using ONR and FK425 had anything to do with the slickness. After 6 weeks I put on 2x Fuzion. Optiseal is good, but not my favorite sealant. I still like Wolfgang and UPGP as my sealant of choice.