PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm Hits Kentucky!!! I need your Help.....Vision Detailing ...Question

Wendell Jarvis
02-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, I now have Electricity after 5 days of our town being hit by the worst Ice Storm in Madison Countys history!.....Lost allot of Landscaping....Trees and so forth but glad its over....150,000 homes and Business's went without elecricty..... Over 35 people were confirmed dead due to either Hyper Thermal or from Kerosen Heaters Vapors.
I have a question about all my detailing supplies.......My gararge is heated....(when I have Electric) that is where I store all my products....Almost everything was frozed or at least semi frozen....All my Menz, Wolfgang, Fuzion, Pinnacle and etc......
My concern is once they have thawed out can I still use them and will they still be effective? I have about a $1,000.00 or so worth of products.
Also I wonder if I can turn it in on my home owners Insurance, or would that fall under the " Act of God or Nature"
Any help on the Frozen products would be appreciated, I would really hate to replace all of them.

Bigfoot
02-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm sorry to be the first one to say this, but I think once those products become frozen, is better to replace them, specially liquids, since they separate and for some reason they do not mix back together properly.

Wendell Jarvis
02-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry to be the first one to say this, but I think once those products become frozen, is better to replace them, specially liquids, since they separate and for some reason they do not mix back together properly.
I was afraid that was the answer ( once they have been froze) but I could have sworn I read on the forum that someone said if you thaw them out they are re-useable- if thats a word:
Our Water Heater and water pipes got busted too, its been a complete wreck, I have never experinced anything like this Ice Storm.
I hate the fact to replace all my products.Man thats gonna cost me allot too.
Thanks for the response.

Bert31
02-01-2009, 03:37 PM
The fact that you are a professional detailer (atleast your signature make me think you are) you may be able to file a claim to your business's insurance (not homeowner's insurance) for damaged business supplies/inventory. However, you are going to have to provide some pretty convincing evidence as to the value of the supplies and why they are no longer usable.

That on top of the fact that your deductible will be taken out of the assessed damage. May not be worth claiming after all that trouble.

Detail4Life
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
The fact that you are a professional detailer (atleast your signature make me think you are) you may be able to file a claim to your business's insurance (not homeowner's insurance) for damaged business supplies/inventory. However, you are going to have to provide some pretty convincing evidence as to the value of the supplies and why they are no longer usable.

That on top of the fact that your deductible will be taken out of the assessed damage. May not be worth claiming after all that trouble.

Thats a very good idea, Im no pro, but I found some of my stuff frozen recently, and it sucks

Wendell Jarvis
02-01-2009, 03:47 PM

My Insurance Agent came by about 2 hours ago, and after the deductibile and having to file the claim and going through the hasle of proving the products defective he told me to hold off.....I close Shop during the Winter and only do a select few customers cars 5-10 cars a week from the house, during the Summer months I lease a building, so it would go against my home owners insurace with a hefty deductibile....so, there goes income tax $$

MoBenzOwner
02-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I bet alot of the products are still good...

imageautodetail
02-01-2009, 06:44 PM
My Insurance Agent came by about 2 hours ago, and after the deductibile and having to file the claim and going through the hasle of proving the products defective he told me to hold off.....I close Shop during the Winter and only do a select few customers cars 5-10 cars a week from the house, during the Summer months I lease a building, so it would go against my home owners insurace with a hefty deductibile....so, there goes income tax $$
I am sure most of it is still good, you will be able to tell pretty easy to tell, they break like a fine sauce and become like water, if everything went bad and you werent doing a claim already I would think it would be better to replace rather than insure, I would think that your insurance rate would go up more thn the product would be worth.

What a mess it has been, luckily My home and shop both kept electric and I stayed busy, got clustered come Friday and had to take back some cars with a future free wash just to get my shop opened up for stuff I had on the back burner. After a week without power because of the windstorm in September I would have lost my mind if we lost power during the cold weather

Good luck, if you need anything let me know

killrflake
02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Wendell keep in mind Autogeek had just put containers of Fuzion, that had been frozen while in transit, on sale. They stated that no damage other than some cracking of the product which hasn't affected it usabillity had taken place. Maybe you should make a phone call to Autogeek and ask their opinion, it certainly won't hurt. I hope it works out for you, it would be a heart breaker to loose that much product.

Wendell Jarvis
02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Wendell keep in mind Autogeek had just put containers of Fuzion, that had been frozen while in transit, on sale. They stated that no damage other than some cracking of the product which hasn't affected it usabillity had taken place. Maybe you should make a phone call to Autogeek and ask their opinion, it certainly won't hurt. I hope it works out for you, it would be a heart breaker to loose that much product.

Thanks for the advise, yes, I plan on calling AG tommorrow, Meghan or Dwayne..........that was just a few products that were messed up, I own quite allot...but those were some of the more costly things.......like the Menz line I own 2-3 bottles of each, same with the Wolfgang 3.0 and Pinnacle wax 3-4 bottles just really kinda hurts to see my stuff in that shape, I love my stuff man.......I will be OK

Wendell Jarvis
02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I am sure most of it is still good, you will be able to tell pretty easy to tell, they break like a fine sauce and become like water, if everything went bad and you werent doing a claim already I would think it would be better to replace rather than insure, I would think that your insurance rate would go up more thn the product would be worth.

What a mess it has been, luckily My home and shop both kept electric and I stayed busy, got clustered come Friday and had to take back some cars with a future free wash just to get my shop opened up for stuff I had on the back burner. After a week without power because of the windstorm in September I would have lost my mind if we lost power during the cold weather

Good luck, if you need anything let me know
Thanks Clay, after a discussion with my Home Owners Insurance Agent, its not a good idea to make the claim, with such a high deductibile.....really bothers me that my stuff go so damaged, I love my products...lol..... but I will be Ok, plus income tax is right around the corner if I need to replace, SIP and Power Finish looks like a real thick milk shake, Wolfgang products look like frozen coffee.....lol.........but things will be fine......thanks for checking in.......take care.

Showroom Shine
02-02-2009, 07:20 AM
:iagree: Ihad some products freeze in the back of my truck,I had forgotten. Also AG is selling Frozen Fusion!!!!