PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Buy A Range Rover!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
02-01-2009, 08:14 AM
well maybe not in this lifetime . but latley i dont know what it is but i love the supercharged range rovers. there really sharp and the interior with the leather is nice.. i live right next to upper saddle river nj were theres alot of money in this town and i see these cars all over and man there filty dirty:mad: it seems no one keeps anything clean near me .80 grand for a car id be sure to keep it in awesome shape ....

ScottB
02-01-2009, 09:41 AM
not my cup of tea .... our local Land Rover dealer closed up shop in North Broward also. I would prefer an Escalade but cleaning that roof would be a pain in the keister.

trhland
02-01-2009, 10:28 AM
i was suprised not to see land rover at the 2009 auto show..

Meghan
02-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I am with you, I have never noticed or liked them till this year and I find myself wishing I had that kind of cash to blow!

Harleyguy
02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
not my cup of tea .... our local Land Rover dealer closed up shop in North Broward also. I would prefer an Escalade but cleaning that roof would be a pain in the keister.Who closed up which location are you referring too ??Our Range Rover dealership is the only one out of the four car lines still going strong

Wendell Jarvis
02-01-2009, 03:33 PM
not my cup of tea .... our local Land Rover dealer closed up shop in North Broward also. I would prefer an Escalade but cleaning that roof would be a pain in the keister.
The Land Rover dealership in Lexington,Ky. closed too, moved the business to their other location in Louisville,Ky. My brother has owned a Land Rover for several years...all I can say is you better make friends witha local Mechanic......he has had the heads crack....all sorts of problems with it.

Surfer
02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
not my cup of tea .... our local Land Rover dealer closed up shop in North Broward also. I would prefer an Escalade but cleaning that roof would be a pain in the keister.Was that the big one with the whole off road test track thing?

Friend has a Range Rover Sport supercharged, and personally I don't think its worth the money he paid. Its not even sporty, Jeep SRT-8 or Cayenne will run circles around it.

trhland
02-01-2009, 04:51 PM
i dont like it anymore i keep hearing its a piece of crap:mad:

ml13
02-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Its a nice truck if you have the loot and the supercharged one is fast for a truck. Yes the SRT-8 is faster but theres a certain classiness to range rover and a friend of mine has a RR sport but not the supercharged one. Its not fast at all, although it does have some balls. However it is extremely comfy inside and sweet to look at. Id defintely go with the ML63 AMG over the RR sport any day. Its gonna cost a little but more, but not much and is really fast and handles awesome. Then again Im a benz guy, I drive an 01 ML55 AMG. I love my truck. Is fast and handles great for a truck. As for the range, you dont have to buy one new. If you want it that bad, buy a used one and get a warranty and youll be all set. ITs defintely a much better buy used. However a warranty is a MUST with these trucks as replacement parts are very pricey. I say save some loot and hunt down a nice used one. With the economy the way it is theres some great deals out there.

supercharged
02-01-2009, 06:44 PM
i dont like it anymore i keep hearing its a piece of crap:mad:
Let's use a British word for this - it's rubbish!!! It really is. It's one of the LEAST dependable cars in the world. And it doesn't hold it's value, meaning you are throwing money away. Why would you wanna buy a car that depreciates so fast? Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi are the imports that don't hold their value well, so just drop them off your list. I'd rather buy a Land Cruiser in this case...Or a Porshe Cayenne Turbo. Mercedes G-class would be another option...

trhland
02-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Let's use a British word for this - it's rubbish!!! It really is. It's one of the LEAST dependable cars in the world. And it doesn't hold it's value, meaning you are throwing money away. Why would you wanna buy a car that depreciates so fast? Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi are the imports that don't hold their value well, so just drop them off your list. I'd rather buy a Land Cruiser in this case...Or a Porshe Cayenne Turbo. Mercedes G-class would be another option...
thanks i hear ya . i didnt really know much about them as far as dependabilty . owell .

Emile
02-01-2009, 08:20 PM
My friend has a Range Rover Sport (non-Supercharged). The interior is really nice and it rides very comfortably. Most of the equipment in the vehicle is from Ford and BMW. My friend has around 15K miles on his car and not a single problem so far, but then again I have heard the Land Rover horror stories. The Sport models are priced very well but I feel that the vehicle is really huge and not so roomy on the inside.

ml13
02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Land cruiser is a totally different animal, as is the g-class. Nothing sporty about a LAnd cruiser or a g-class whatsoever, plus they are full sized trucks. The Porche Cayenne turbo is out of his price range. The truck is over 100k brand new. A better option would be a used ML63. Much better actually.

tripperfx3
02-04-2009, 11:15 PM
I've heard they're rubbish, but if you watch Top Gear the British rave about them. Guess it's because it's a British made car?

supercharged
02-04-2009, 11:32 PM
thanks i hear ya . i didnt really know much about them as far as dependabilty . owell .
I read some dependability reviews on that...But again, you can buy the most dependable brand in America (reviews show it to be Lexus a few years in a row), and be having all kinds of issues with it, or buy a Land Rover and not have any...
In quality rating Acura has higher rating then BMW, yet I took in to a dealer for different repairs quite a few times (7 or 8), while my wife's BMW was only taken for repairs twice...and that's even with BMW being in the family longer...
Tom, this is what I consider when buying a vehicle - cost.
This will include the total cost of ownership...
-depriciation (how much are you gonna loose when buying it brand new...most cars are loosing 50% of their value in just 3 years...in other words you can buy a car a couple years used with 25-35k miles and pay 1/2 for what it costs brand new.
-market demand for this vehicle, how hard is it gonna be to sell it later... For instance, the main reason I got my wife a BMW over other German brands is market demands it... Not many people wanna buy an Audi, more prefer Mercedes Benz, and even more BMW, meaning it holds its value like it holds its corners...
-dependability/reliability, how often will the vehicle break, and out of the pockets repairs...this is where I don't like german cars, if it breaks, be ready to pay a lot for repairs... power windon motor replacement - $1,000...
-service requirements, and the cost of them... I personally don't like cars that require a lot of maintaince, and hell no, I'm not going to rebuild! I need a car that can run 300,000k miles without ANY engine rebuit...so even if you keep the car over 100k miles, it's not gonna be a problem to sell, you can sell it for more...

And since the big 3 cannot satisfy my needs, I prefer importet brands...
how many cavaliers you heard of running 300k miles? And now how many Corollas? That's why I choose what fit my pocket needs...
I want something that runs, runs, and runs until a wanna get rid of it, not something that breaks, so you buy a new one, so somebody can have a job...Hell no! Make it to dependable standards or I'm not buying it!