PDA

View Full Version : Optimum polish consistency

heatgain
01-31-2009, 06:14 PM
I bought Optimum Polish on BOGO a month or 2 ago and just used it today. When I went to shake it, nothing happened, no liquid sound. I unscrewed the top to look, and that stuff is thick! So thick, it won't shake or move.
Both bottles are the same.
I ask because I traded someone some other product for a half bottle of OP and that bottle shakes, makes a liquidy-sound when I shake it.
Which is normal?

Rsurfer
01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Pour a 1/4 out and see if you can shake it.

imageautodetail
01-31-2009, 06:51 PM
sounds like it has went bad some how, optimum polish tends to have a thin consitancy in my experience

slawek65
01-31-2009, 08:29 PM
I have OP from BOGO sale and YES is very thick. Just like Rsurfer said You have to shake it very hard and very long time.;) BTW. New formula is much thicker then old one. Check info for Optimum Polish II - "Optimum Polish II is thick cream"

heatgain
01-31-2009, 08:43 PM
This one that was on BOGO is not Optimum Polish II, it's the old formula with the "New Formula" gold sticker on it. So it's a newer version of the old version. :) The OPII is thicker than this??? Wow!
Anyway, it's so thick that shaking it does nothing. Plus both bottles are less than full up to the part where the bottle tapers. Were your BOGO bottles the same?

slawek65
01-31-2009, 09:20 PM
This one that was on BOGO is not Optimum Polish II, it's the old formula with the "New Formula" gold sticker on it. So it's a newer version of the old version. :) The OPII is thicker than this??? Wow!
Anyway, it's so thick that shaking it does nothing. Plus both bottles are less than full up to the part where the bottle tapers. Were your BOGO bottles the same?
Yes they are the same. I think they go by the weight (32 oz.) so bottles don't have to be full.

AeroCleanse
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
I bought Optimum Polish on BOGO a month or 2 ago and just used it today. When I went to shake it, nothing happened, no liquid sound. I unscrewed the top to look, and that stuff is thick! So thick, it won't shake or move.
Both bottles are the same.
I ask because I traded someone some other product for a half bottle of OP and that bottle shakes, makes a liquidy-sound when I shake it.
Which is normal?

The ones I got on the BOGO are thick, but when I see videos online of people using it, theirs is thick as well.

ml13
02-01-2009, 04:19 AM
I had same problem but one of my bottles was fine and the other one was the consistency of cream cheese. AG gave me an RA# and am shipping it back. OBviously there was some kind of mistake in manufacturing because the one bottle is fine.

AeroCleanse
02-01-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm wondering now if this is cosmetic or does it effect the performance of the polish at all?

heatgain
02-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm wondering now if this is cosmetic or does it effect the performance of the polish at all?
Funny you should ask that. One reason I bought this BOGO OP was to add some to 105 to extend the working time. I don't know if this "newer" THICK version has the same long working time as the old version.
Seems like every time I buy a product, they come out with a NEW + IMPROVED version. Not only did I not get the original OP, but both OP and 105 have newer versions.
Does anyone here know for sure if my BOGO OP "New Version" has the same long working time as the original OP?
Maybe someone from AutoGeek can answer this?
Sign me,
Confused

Craig
02-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Heatgain, I did the bogo myself, mine is very thick also. Here's what another member stated. He had called Optimum
and asked if the product was bad. He was told it is good, he was also told there was a good chance it was Optimum II with the old label. They started making the new polish and didn't have the new labels to put on the bottles so the old ones were used. To help get the polish out, take a drill and enlarge the hole in the cap. Just drill it as large as you dare
without messing up the cap. As far as shaking it, do what you can, it's a PITA.:D It's like trying to shake a bottle of dry wall mud.

heatgain
02-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks Craig. Good info. Your description of the shaking made me laugh, it's so true.
So basically, we're not sure whether we have the new formula version of the old formula, or the new OP II. Strange situation.
As long as it works, I guess. :)

sqeekykleen
02-06-2009, 08:03 AM
If you have any questions call and talk to Meghan, I do believe that it is supposed to be thick. I used it in the thick state and it worked very good, you get less splatter.

Emile
02-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Optimum Polish is more like Optimum Cream Cheese. I too purchased the Optimum Polish on the BOGO (the original, not Opt Polish II).

I just take the cap off and squeeze the stuff out onto my pad. The bottle doesn't say to shake at all so I just squeeze some out and get to work. It seems to work fine and seems to have the same consistency throughout the bottle, in both bottles. It's just not a polish that needs shaking.

You know you have the new Optimum Polish II because it has the new labeling on the front of the bottle. I think AG had the BOGO on Optimum Polish and Optimum Compound because they wanted to get rid of their supply to make room for the new Optimum Polish and Optimum Compound (version II).