PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the Wheel Wells!!

Pages : 1 [2]

mbaledge
01-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Currently, I use Simple Green. I turn the wheels stern to stern to make sure I get it on as much of the well as possible, let it dwell for a bit and then scrub the isht out of it with a long-handle brush, then rinse it with my foam gun(probably an unnecessary step, but it can't hurt), then rinse with clean water and let dry, then dress with a cheap spray tire product. Thats what I do on my car for the fronts, the rears are pretty much a lost cause seeing as how I have less than a finger gap between my tires and the rear quarters. I'll usually hit what I can with a trim shine product after detailing the trim.

Dsoto87
01-31-2009, 10:36 PM
I forgot to add. I remember reading about somebody spray painting their wheel wells black so they didnt need to dress it everytime. Im sure krylon fusion would be good for this since it actually bonds to the paint and doesnt just add another layer that will peel off

gewb
02-01-2009, 10:44 AM
i use dilluted simple green, spray, dwell, brush, rinse.

and yes good ole spray tire foam like armor all works 'well'.. get it? well. No i haven't started drinking yet.

Will you be here all week? :applause::applause::applause:

Cover charge?

Regards,
GEWB

Kris R
02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah I started soaking the wells with Simple green or that biodegradable purple power degreaser. Then if you have access to a pressure washer that works W O N D E R S! If not scrub real good and then rinse. After its dry any old tire dressing works good. Im going to try that megs Hyperdressing diluted to a satin look and do the wells with that. Its water based.

I used HOT SHINE the last two times in my jeep wells and it looks GREAT still! Even after all the rain.:cheers:

Emile
02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
I spray Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner on the wheel wells and let it sit for the appropriate 15-30 seconds.