PDA

View Full Version : collinite 845 liquid paste wax review?

Pages : [1] 2

m4gician
01-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey guys,

I bought a bottle of this liquid stuff, it being a liquid, should I apply it for the rest of the winter or is that too optimistic?

akimel
01-31-2009, 03:59 PM
I would be shocked if two coats of Colly 845, applied today, did not get you through February and March. It's done an outstanding job on my two vehicles this winter.

Cheers,
Al

Surfer
01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
845 is bullet proof through winter. Just remember to shake the shiznit out of it first.

slawek65
01-31-2009, 08:23 PM
shake it or keep in worm water for few minutes

nitro78
01-31-2009, 08:27 PM
shake it or keep in worm water for few minutes
ewww worm water! jk

dublifecrisis
01-31-2009, 11:05 PM
ha ha...worm

Anyway, yeah I've only used it ONCE so far because I recently picked up a bottle for $7. Great price. Click on my 'winter GTI' thread. The 2 shots with the hose water is after 2 months. Granted this is Florida winter but still-water sheeting after 2 months on a daily driver is more than I've experienced with more costly waxes. The looks aren't bad either!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-31-2009, 11:22 PM
ha ha...worm

Anyway, yeah I've only used it ONCE so far because I recently picked up a bottle for $7. Great price. Click on my 'winter GTI' thread. The 2 shots with the hose water is after 2 months. Granted this is Florida winter but still-water sheeting after 2 months on a daily driver is more than I've experienced with more costly waxes. The looks aren't bad either!

Umm, where did you get this for only $7, I'd like to know :D.

Ryan
01-31-2009, 11:36 PM
845 is very durable and easy to work with, shake well and keep the coats thin. Even in the tundra I'm sure you will have good longevity.

slawek65
02-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I am sorry for my "WORM" word but I am little over 1 year in USA so my English is not so good. BTW. I do know how to say " WORM " I just hit wrong key.WORM - :awesome:

dublifecrisis
02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Umm, where did you get this for only $7, I'd like to know :D.

Harbor Freight Tool store carries both the 845 IW as well as the 476 paste. One was $7 and one was $9.

mingraygt
02-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Harbor Freight Tool store carries both the 845 IW as well as the 476 paste. One was $7 and one was $9.
They also sell Aquapel I think $4 or $4.99 each.

MyFirstES300
03-28-2009, 09:18 AM
My buddy and I just put a coat on his 04' 4Runner as it is a daily driver and he doesn't have the time to put a lot of care into the physical maintenance of the vehicle other than regular washings.

I recommended it to him after reading a lot of positive reviews on it on here and elsewhere. The application is indeed easy and it's amazing how you need so little (a dime size)! Buffing off was effortless! He was able to apply and buff off nearly by himself the entire SUV!

We were both amazed at the shine it produced! I have spent a lot of money on other waxes and I *never* got such amazing results as the Collinite 845 provided yesterday. This wax is a keeper in my arsenal, and will be used a lot.

Downside: trying to clean the applicator pad is next to impossible, even when soaking pad in Dawn dish detergent. You have to constantly squeeze the pad to get the gooey paste out of the pad. I gave up after a while. If anyone knows a better way to clean a pad after Collinite application, please post here what you did!

akimel
03-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I soak my applicator pads for about 24 hours in a Dawn solution, periodically squeezing the pads. I appear to be able to get them pretty clean, but they still retain the solvent smell. So I have dedicated them for Collinite alone.

nitro78
03-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I throw the applicator away. I also throw the applicator way after using dg 501 it just doesn't come clean.

MyFirstES300
03-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I throw the applicator away. I also throw the applicator way after using dg 501 it just doesn't come clean.

True and feasible if using a cheaper $1.00 type applicator. I did dedicate a pad for Collinite as I do for other products I use. It may be more expensive this way, but it reduces the chances or cross-contamination and compromising the properties of the cleaner or waxes you use.

In my case, I am using the Polishing Pal white pad, and if you know anything about the Polishing Pal and the pads it uses, they are not cheap.