PDA

View Full Version : This look like a good process chart?

Pages : [1] 2

calhoun1
01-30-2009, 08:40 PM
From my reading, this is what I have gathered to be the process I should use for paint in different stages of dis-repair.

Lake Country CCS 5.5inch pads are the color references

Correction Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Step 4 Step 5
Heavy Orange SIP White SIP White 106 Blue/Black 106 LSP
Medium White SIP White 106 Blue/Black 106 LSP
Light White 106 Blue/Black 106 LSP
None Blue/Black 106 LSP

So how does this look?

Should I throw an extra step of 106 in there? 1 black and 1 blue? Or would that not accomplish anything?

I do also have WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer and WG DGPS which of course both go on after the last 106 coat and before my LSP (fuzion).

Thoughts from the wiser than myself? (Which opens it up to pretty much everyone)

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Looks good, let me throw a wrench in there, sip and a green pad are an awesome combo.

calhoun1
01-30-2009, 08:44 PM
hmmm I don't have any green pads...yet (The only color I don't have)

Will be at least 3-6 months before i can get new pads. Need to use these to justify to the wife why I would need more.

wytstang
01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Always start with the least aggressive pad and polish first to gauge how soft or hard the clear coat is. From there you switch pads and or polishes around to see how well they work. Then chose the best performing combo.

calhoun1
01-30-2009, 08:50 PM
That is the plan. 106 with white I think is a good starting point.

Gray is a bit too soft to start? Or might I be surprised?

wytstang
01-30-2009, 08:53 PM
I would see what 106 and a white pad does first.

AudiTTman
01-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey rocket, tell me alil about this SIP +Green??? what kinda areas or situations do you use it??

calhoun1
01-30-2009, 09:28 PM
I am like a kid waiting on Christmas. First light tomorrow I am gonna start on my car.

Wife is out of town and I have the day free. I even moved boxes out of the garage so I can use WG DGPS 3.0 and let it cure overnight out of the dew.

Then I will hit it with Fuzion the next morning and move the boxes back into the garage before she flies back in at 230pm EST Sunday afternoon.

Am I crazy? To move boxes out of the garage only to get my car in long enough to let the DGPS cure?

AudiTTman
01-30-2009, 09:32 PM
hahah nah, your just a man with a passion for automotive detailing......we all have the same problem hahah. I plan the same thing tommarow!! Good luck to us both!

Rsurfer
01-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I would add a blue pad and 85RD or 87MC as the last step before LSP.

calhoun1
01-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Rsurfer, next time I buy things, the 85RD or 87MC will be my next purchase. A glaze will make things look that much better. Though it looks like the Paintwork Polish Enhancer may help a bit on that end.

We will see. And yes, my wife left me her camera.

AudiTTman
01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Surfer, would you recommend the 85RD to go along with SIP and Nano? I usually use that combination and seal and wax. Would i have better results by adding in the Final Polish 85RD along with the other two?

CharlesW
01-30-2009, 09:52 PM
From my reading, this is what I have gathered to be the process I should use for paint in different stages of dis-repair.

Correction Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Step 4 Step 5
Heavy Orange SIP White SIP White 106 Blue/Black 106 LSP
Medium White SIP White 106 Blue/Black 106 LSP
Light White 106 Blue/Black 106 LSP
None Blue/Black 106 LSP So how does this look?

Should I throw an extra step of 106 in there? 1 black and 1 blue? Or would that not accomplish anything?

I do also have WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer and WG DGPS which of course both go on after the last 106 coat and before my LSP (fuzion).

Thoughts from the wiser than myself? (Which opens it up to pretty much everyone)Very colorful, but....
Why not put what the pad is intended to be used for rather than the color?
Not all manufacturers use the same colors for the different pads.
Cutting, light cutting, polishing, finishing means something to me. Of the ones you have listed, the only one I even think I know its intended use is the Orange. The Orange pad is a Lake Country light cutting pad isn't it?
White, Blue/Black, Green, Blue doesn't tell me a thing.
Red, Yellow, Tan are also colors of pads I have seen.

calhoun1
01-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry I should have specified they are Lake Country CCS 5.5 inch pads

CharlesW
01-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Sorry I should have specified they are Lake Country CCS 5.5 inch padsIt's quite common for people to refer to pads by color, but unless everyone is using the same brand, it does get confusing. At least it does to me. :)
Even listing the manufacturer and the color leaves a little gap. For example. The only way to know what the intended use of a Blue/Black Lake Country pad is to find Lake Country pads somewhere and read the description. Something I'm not likely to do. Too lazy. :)
When you say cutting, light cutting, polishing, finishing, I can easily figure out what a comparable pad would be from a different manufacturer.
After all this discussion, I still can't help you any since I haven't used any of the products listed. :o