PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Help Needed Please

pampos
01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi guys....I started today to work on a red Corvette with A LOT OF RIDS.....The CC seems to be very very very hard....The body is made of fiberglass if that matters....I tried almost everything i have without having the wanted results...I used Megs wool pad on rotary with Menzerna Power gloss and Megs Diamond cut #95 as i don't have any of M105 but the RIDS don't want to go away....I have to finish it up to tomorrow noon so all the ideas are welcomed....
I am afraid of wet sand it because I cannot measure the CC so i am afraid of removing to much...My PTG is not reading on non metal surfaces http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/frown.gifhttp://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
The entire car is like this and worse

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj302/accordcl7/DSC02952.jpg
THANKS GUYS.....

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-30-2009, 12:13 PM
If you run your fingernail over the scratches, and it gets snagged, the scratches might be too deep to correct fully.

Meghan
01-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Do you have a yellow cutting pad with you?

pampos
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
yes mate...I have one....Do you thing that the yellow pad will be more aggresivve than the wool cutting pad??
Do you have a yellow cutting pad with you?

Emile
01-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Try yellow with the Menzerna Power Gloss at high speed.

Based on the picture, it looks like those scratches came from harsh auto washes. Some of those scratches look too deep to correct.

pampos
01-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Try yellow with the Menzerna Power Gloss at high speed.

Based on the picture, it looks like those scratches came from harsh auto washes. Some of those scratches look too deep to correct.
I will try it tomorrow morning mate...It is 19:45 now :D:D
If there are some more ideas keep them coming please.....

Emile
01-30-2009, 12:50 PM
I will do some research and come up with some ideas for you. The fiberglass body makes paint correction somewhat weird.

pampos
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I will do some research and come up with some ideas for you. The fiberglass body makes paint correction somewhat weird.
Thanks very very much mate.....

conan777
01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Probably not what you want to hear but I just worked on some hard Audi Clear. I had to make a minimum of 8 passes on each section with M105 on a Purple Foamed Wool Pad with a FLex. 1 pass= 4 pea sized dots of polish on the pad worked into the paint until broken down. I repeated that at least 8 times to get all the RIDS out. It took forever but most panels finished down LSP ready. The rest I used SIP on White LC pad. Good Luck

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
You are going to need some Power Gloss, 3M Extra cut or some some other type of compound on a full wool pad. Then follow up with sip on a white pad then your finish polish on a finishing pad. Each stepp might take several times each to correct the paint correctly.

ScottB
01-30-2009, 11:22 PM
You are going to need some Power Gloss, 3M Extra cut or some some other type of compound on a full wool pad. Then follow up with sip on a white pad then your finish polish on a finishing pad. Each stepp might take several times each to correct the paint correctly.

:goodpost:

pampos
01-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks guys....I will do my best today and i will let you know by tonight the results....
Thanks again

Showroom Shine
01-31-2009, 09:50 AM
I have only done 2 Vettes and the clear is very hard. One was an 06 and the other 02. The first one I used the Flex,orange pad and Menzerna. Got the job done,but slower than I would have liked. The second one I used a rotory, System 1 Wool pad, and Menzerna. Had better results in a much shorter period of time. I'm pretty sure it was the result of the Rotory!

pampos
01-31-2009, 10:17 AM
I am done with it guys...Rotary polisher,Megs Diamond Cut and orange LC pad.....

Emile
01-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Did it turn out okay, pampos? I did a bit of research last night and I saw that most people use Meg's M105 & wool pad for their Corvette but somebody already posted that by the time I discovered it.