PDA

View Full Version : Which QD's for Which wax

loudog2
01-29-2009, 12:14 PM
I was reading a interesting thread over on autopia. It was about QD's that change the appearence of waxes. Basically you get a high end carnuba for it's looks. Then you use a QD over it, that changes the appearance. So which QD's would we use here for lets say fuzion, supernatural, souveran and a couple others that won't change it's looks. Which is the reason we buy the high end waxes. So which QD is good for which wax??

orionz06
01-29-2009, 01:18 PM
while i havent done any side by sides, i dont base the choice on what it does to the wax persay, but do i like the end result, which is based on the wax...

that being said, poorboys QD+ has been pretty damned nice for me, but others like the optimum shine enhancer... it is simply trial and error... one thing to remember is the popular products, such as ONR, that can be diluted into a QD... Lots of people use that as a QD also, so i would venture to guess that it doesnt kill the looks...

Another save bet is souveran with crystal mist, NXT with nxt detailer, wolfgang with wolfgang... generally companies make sure their products work together...

meguiars detailers are also nice the ultimate and the nxt...

and finally, if you have supernatural on the car, remember, the qd isnt removing it, so the look can presumeadly only be improved upon... try the sample thread

loudog2
01-29-2009, 01:44 PM
I basically go with the brand-for-brand
souveran=crystal mist
fuzion=wolfgang detail spritz/spray sealant

I haven't tried ONR as a QD yet.

Rsurfer
01-29-2009, 03:22 PM
ONR and FK425 for me seems to work the best.

ScottB
01-29-2009, 07:40 PM
waxes --- Souveran Spray Wax

sealants --- Optimum, Zaino Z8, Four Star Spray Wax

trhland
01-29-2009, 07:52 PM
crystal mist also a great q/d

loudog2
01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
crystal mist also a great q/d
The question is: Will, lets say crystal mist, change the appearance of fuzion? Will wolfgang spritz sealant change the look of souveran? I know all these QD's are good.

trhland
01-29-2009, 08:33 PM
The question is: Will, lets say crystal mist, change the appearance of fuzion? Will wolfgang spritz sealant change the look of souveran? I know all these QD's are good.
i generaly have only been useing carnuaba waxes so i cant comment on sealants. however pinnacle q/ds leave a great slick shine . and mostly all i use..

Waxmax
02-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Not sure the question is being addressed by most...i.e., can QDs change the appearance of high end carnaubas?

I do think some QDs may slightly change the appearance...QS seems to slightly darken the look. Some others add some gloss.

I use Deep Detail QD alot and like it over carnaubas. IMO, it doesn't change the carnauba appearance, but helps maintain the carnauba depth. I also like Z8 over carnauba as well as 4 Star's USW and Blackfire's DGS. These are more in the booster category and some would say should not be used over carnauba (they are primarily polymer sprays), but I like their look. They seem to add a little gloss which I prefer. JMO.

loudog2
02-01-2009, 12:35 PM
It's wasn't being answered. You did address it. I just thought it was interesting. Because most buy the high end waxes for their appearance. Just stating that you pay that money then change the appearance with the QD.

ScottB
02-01-2009, 02:19 PM
If you are using a particular "high" end line, I would suggest you use their soaps and qder for best results. They were likely designed to work together in unison.

Waxmax
02-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Of course some high end carnauba lines (like Dodo) do not have their own QD (yet).

orionz06
02-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Of course some high end carnauba lines (like Dodo) do not have their own QD (yet).

I thought I saw a review recently on a dodo qd...

trhland
02-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I thought I saw a review recently on a dodo qd...
there 2 new dodo q/ds. one is a drying aid . thats a purple liquid. and the other one is a spray sealant thats an orange color. both look nice.

Waxmax
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
I stand corrected regarding Dodo QDs....have they made it to the USA? I may have missed it.