PDA

View Full Version : MF Sticker Residue

calhoun1
01-28-2009, 09:00 PM
I just searched and couldn't find an answer to this.

But I just got my AG order and it came with some MF towels (2 indigo, and 4 Jr). I pulled the stickers off and 1 or 2 left some sticker residue behind.

What should I use to get the residue off? Just wash all the towels normally in scentless liquid detergent?

Just trying to get this figured out as I prepare to detail my car for the first time this weekend.

Pictures are upcoming soon in the "recent order" thread.

vinnier6
01-29-2009, 12:42 AM
i would just throw them in the washing machine...i use woolite, but i suspect any liquid will do fine....

TLMitchell
01-29-2009, 01:36 AM
I just searched and couldn't find an answer to this.

But I just got my AG order and it came with some MF towels (2 indigo, and 4 Jr). I pulled the stickers off and 1 or 2 left some sticker residue behind.

What should I use to get the residue off? Just wash all the towels normally in scentless liquid detergent?

Just trying to get this figured out as I prepare to detail my car for the first time this weekend.

Pictures are upcoming soon in the "recent order" thread.

WD-40 is one of the best "goo" removers going. Put a little on the sticky spot, blot with paper towel and wash normally before using.

TL

Bunky
01-29-2009, 11:33 AM
I would not wash them with other towels..it may get on them too. I would spot clean in a sink.

ScottB
01-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Wash MF towels seperate from all other laundry including other towels. Use a dedicated MF towel cleaner like Microrestore for great and consistent cleaning. No need to add "other" ingredients.

calhoun1
01-29-2009, 07:45 PM
I figured that much, but what about the sticker residue?

ScottB
01-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I figured that much, but what about the sticker residue?

You could use 3M Wax and Adhesive Remover, I keep a bottle in garage for all kinds of stuff. Likely come right off with a little Spray and Wash also.

nataliewebb01
10-31-2009, 05:00 AM
okay as you are worried about there some stickers behind left when pulled AG order. . sometime the stickers getting more sticky than normal such can peel off not easily it takes some special adhesive remover as someone my friend suggested me to use this it was awesome Un-Du Adhesive Remover . . you can get from googling search