PDA

View Full Version : need help on an order

dublifecrisis
01-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey folks-I need to replenish my pad supply (PC user). I've used pad sizes from 4" to 6.5. I realize the 4 inchers will be more effective but being that I am on a budget, I'm struggling between the 2 pad kits on here that are both 49.99 but one has 4" pads and the 5.5" pads. they both come with some etxra goodies and the 5.5 comes with a PFW pad. I've been wating to try PFW for a while now. Both pads also include some foam conditioner stuff (no biggie) and 1-2 cobra towels. Should I still stick with the 4" pads being that those are gonna cut better or go for the 5.5 inch kit. BTW-The 4" kit also has a 2 3/4 BP which I thought my 3.5" would be fine???

and since I want to spend about $125, that leaves me about $75 (not including promotions)...what else should i get? M205? Menzerna Power Finish?

Helpe me peeps!!

ScottB
01-28-2009, 07:57 PM
If you have Menzerna SIP and Nano, I might suggest trying the new Megs 205 seems to be getting some nice reviews. If you have some room pickup a Dodo Wax like Hard Candy.

jrose0070
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
i like the 4 inch pads i ordered the kit also but the backing plate is really to small for the pads and the microfiber aren't that great so i would just order some pads if i had and 3.5 inch backing plate already i would also get M205 because it works great after M105

dublifecrisis
01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
cool thanks...keep em coming. Jrose--my thoughts exactly on the BP. I have some of the lower end 4 inch pads (liek the free ones without velcro to the edges) and the 3.5 inch BP works fine. Why get the 2 3/4 BP???

and I have enough wax/sealants for now. not the best stuff but I have Collinite, OCW, DGAW, Mothers Pure Nauba, NXT, OOS etc...I know there's room for improvement in this arena. Basically I think I should stock up on other areas like pads, polish. might like to try another WOWA sealant or something similar. Open to suggestions.

I have M105, M83 so I thought maybe 205 was a logical try. What about the new Optimum stuff?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-28-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm thinking of getting some 4" pads as well. I've heard really good things about them, however, I won't be using them for the main correcting process as I'll use my 5.5" pads. Your 3.5" BP would work just fine with the 4" pads. I'm kind of partial to Menzerna now, but would like some M105, but it looks like you already have that. Like others have said, why not try the 205? Perhaps you could throw some 85rd in the mix, even though it's kind of close to the nano as far as polishes are concerned. I'd also buy some Rubbish Boys if AG sold it....hint hint :D.

dublifecrisis
01-28-2009, 08:45 PM
i already have IP and FP from Menzerna. I eventually will pick up SIP but thinking maybe the Power Finish this go around. I'd like something with decent cut that could finish down LSP ready like Power Finish could. I also want the 205 to follow up on 105. it's tough when you have a limited budget with so many things you want to try...dadgummit

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Lol...I know how that goes man. I'm just starting out and want everything on the site lol. Lately I've really been looking to get Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Maybe you would like it too?

dublifecrisis
01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
oh yeah Josh. I've been thinking about that but keep waiting til I run out of Opti-seal....which might take a while. u really get your money's worth. I'm about to run out of poli-seal and I can't imagine being without it. It's such a great AIO product I might get a gallon!

sal329
01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
I would stick with the 4" pads. Meg 205 has some great reviews, def on my list to get.