PDA

View Full Version : Stoner's on LCD?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Does anyone think Stoner's Invisible Glass being used to clean an LCD TV is a bad idea? Thanks!

ScottB
01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
what about something more like Plexus ??

Speed-Dude
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
or plain water? i would think it would be safer. but i have used my glass lens cleaner and it works great. i think it's primarily isopropenol alcohol

Buddy
Hi josh, I just use a damp cloth supplied w/the tv. Stoners is stronger than mild. I would not take the chance. It's not worth it. I wish I could help you more although diamondite looks like it has a nice pkg. for cleaning tv's. Good luck.:D

dublifecrisis
I'm not an expert on care of LCD..that's my disclosure...LOL

My guess though is that NO I would not clean an LCD TV with an aerosol spray or even pump spray glass cleaner. Someone else may chime in but I wouldn't do it. There is a kit you can buy on here specifically for plasma, LCD etc...but again I wouldn't use glass cleaner. I'm sure you can find an answer on google too because LCD cleaning is probably common discussion in cyberpsace.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-28-2009, 07:39 PM
I googled it, and it said to use a mix of IPA and water. I was thinking it would be a bad idea to use, but at least worth asking in case anyone else was wondering haha. I'll probably just dampen a MF towel and give it a quick wipe down. I do however like that kit that is on sale here :D.

Ryan
01-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Josh, I bought the Monster cable LCD screen kit from best buy after reading some reviews, and have been very happy with it. I like the fact that its versatile enough to use on my laptop and phone as well.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Josh, I bought the Monster cable LCD screen kit from best buy after reading some reviews, and have been very happy with it. I like the fact that its versatile enough to use on my laptop and phone as well.

Alright. I'll have to take a trip over there and check it out. Thanks man!

Ryan
01-28-2009, 08:31 PM
No prob, glad I could help

loudog2
01-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I have the same cleaning kit. It works great. Directions say not to spray the TV.. Spray the cloth then wipe it down. You don't want the mist to find a hole, and get through to the inside.

You can also try AG's new kit they have for LCD's

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. Definitely wouldn't want to ruin my TV haha, especially with the Super Bowl coming up.

Ryan
01-28-2009, 10:54 PM
:whs: It even comes with a decent MF towel.

Bunky
01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I would think something like ONR or Surf City Clearly Better Glass Cleaner (it is alcohol and ammonia free) would be the safest.