PDA

View Full Version : What do you charge?

Driven Auto Detail
03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey all, I've been lurking around AG and the forums for the past couple weeks. I started getting into detailing a little last summer when my wife & I purchased an '05 Mazda3 Hatchback (Carbon Gray Mica).

Today, I started thinking that I might want to do detail work on the side just to make some extra cash. I already work in IT full-time so this would only be a weekend side job.

My only question though would be how to charge for the work. If you do detail work on the side or as a full-time job, I'd like to know how you charge for the work. Do you charge by the hour or by the job? Do you charge for each product you apply or do you have packages such as good, better, best? Do you charge for different sized vehicles? Basically, I want to know anything and everything you can tell me about how you charge for your services.

Any kind of info would be greatly appreciated!

beamerstrumpet
06-28-2013, 08:02 PM
I like you have not fully started. Have you called around to area shops and asked them their services and prices? This would give you a baseline as to what wil fly in your area.

Pureshine
06-29-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm confused you have a website with prices on it so why are you asking? It depends what kind of area you live in high end area or a lower income area.

nighthawk7293
06-29-2013, 05:22 PM
OP was 7 years ago :-)

hernandez.art13
06-29-2013, 05:31 PM
So who's the OP?

Didn't realize this until you pointed it out nighthawk lol

I even Subscribed haha

CCC4me
06-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Obviously he was able to make it work for him. I'm wondering if he still works in IT or has gone solely to detailing. Any update Driven?