PDA

View Full Version : Mini detail with traveling detail bag

MoBenzOwner
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
I thought I would post a few pics of a "mini detail" I performed on my 2007 LaCrosse with products from the traveling detail bag. The car was polished in September and waxed with Collinite 885 again late October. It was still in relatively decent shape paint wise and protection wise, but definitely needed a little freshening up. I will not go into full detail as far as process and procedures as this post is to showcase and give my opinions on what products I was able to try from the traveling detail bag. I also want to thank Autogeek and Meghan for the opportunity to use these products as such.

Wash - DP Four-In-One Rinseless Wash & Shine
Didnt care for the smell, product cleaned and performed well however. It's a good product but I will stick with ONR.

Paint - Unfortunately one of the bottles was damaged in transit. As luck would have it, it ended up being the bottle of Crystal Mist Detail Spray. There was however enough left after pouring contents into a
different spray bottle to do 3/4ths of the car. I really like the look this product gave to the black paint. I think it added a bit of wetness and depth. Overall made the car look freshly waxed and I feel it is a good mix of gloss and depth.

Tires - Cleaned, then treated with Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel. This product is fairly thick and adheres well to the tire. Like the Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, this product leaves a natural look finish. I prefer this semi-gloss finish. It can however be layered for the glossier, bling type finish. So far the durability has been 3 weeks and still looks good, although I have not yet been in a heavy rain with it. Smells great as well.

Interior - Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on seats. Vinyl & Rubber protectant on dashboard and door panels etc. Really liked both of these products. The leather cleaner/conditioner seemed to both clean well while nourishing the leather without making it greasy. I absolutely loved the Vinyl/Rubber protectant. If it protects as well as I think it will, it is my new interior protectant. This product did not leave the greasy, glossy, fake looking shine that many interior products leave. It left the vinyl looking new and clean.

Sorry for the lack of before pics and quality of the after pics. I had no sun.

Showroom Shine
01-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Send the bag to my house, I've been waiting on the Bag since last year!

MoBenzOwner
01-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Sorry Showroom.......I got the bag on a Friday, shipped back to Meghan on the next Tuesday. :D

Twista616
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Showroom...I have a bag right now up in Cleveland...if your not on the list, get on there...good stuff!! too bad its only like 5 degree here, cant really use much!

Meghan
02-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Showroom...I have a bag right now up in Cleveland...if your not on the list, get on there...good stuff!! too bad its only like 5 degree here, cant really use much!

Just got your PM about there only being seven items in the bag.... seems to me someone REALLY helped themselves to the items. I will pull up who had it before you and have a chat with them. Sorry about that, but unfortunately this traveling bag is traveling on good faith. A little disappointed to say the least! Enjoy what you did receive, please tell me they were kind enough to leave the Souveran in it!?!?

Meghan
02-12-2009, 07:14 PM
So how is the bag doing, get a break in weather yet?

Showroom Shine
02-12-2009, 07:42 PM
So Meghan where is the bag? This is the first I heard about it in a while!

reason_being
02-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Seems interesting.

MoBenzOwner
02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
So Meghan where is the bag? This is the first I heard about it in a while!

There were 2 bags. I was the last user on the first bag and I sent it back around Dec 1st. Cant believe the other bag hasnt gotten back yet. Glad I was on the first one. :)

Meghan
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
I have one of the bags, other one is still out there, but sounds like someone helped themselves to everything in it pretty much. I will back track to see how our sticky fingers is.